38: State Finals

Y/N has been training extremely hard since she never got into Yale. She got her acceptance letter from Berkeley, Brown and UCLA. But they aren't the schools she wants. She prefers to be close to Lizzie and not at the other side of the country.

She has barely spent time with Lizzie outside of school unless she is at the cafe. And with the finals being on Friday, Y/N is extra nervous.

So Lizzie has spent as much time either studying or hanging out with Scarlett.

"So, I noticed something today." Lizzie stated as they were both sat on Scarlett's bed. Their text books laid out on the bed before them.

"What?" She asked her. "Did Y/N acknowledge you at school?"

"She did." Lizzie said with a smirk on her face. "But I mean you and Chris. What is going on between the two of you?"

"He kind of asked me out on a date a couple of weeks after your birthday." She said shyly.

"Do you like him?" Lizzie asked her.

"Yeah I do." She smiled like an idiot. "He is really sweet and kind. He is the complete opposite of Colin."

"As long as he makes you happy Scar." Lizzie smiled at her best friend.

"Are you seeing Y/N tonight?" Scarlett asked Lizzie as she sighed.

"I don't think so." Lizzie told her sadly. "She is stressed out about the final and she is upset she didn't get into Yale or Davenport."

"So where is she going?" Scarlett asked her.

"I don't know." Lizzie told her. "She hasn't spoke to me about it at all."

"I'm sure she will when she is ready." Scarlett reassured her. Lizzie smiled at her before the two went back to their work.

Once Lizzie was settled in her own bed for the night. Reading through her assignment. There was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Hi." She smiled when she saw Y/N stood there.

"Ashley let me in." Y/N told her softly as Lizzie patted the bed beside her. "I'm sorry for being absent lately." Y/N told her as Lizzie shook her head

"I understand you're under a lot of pressure lately Y/N." She told her softly.

"It's no excuse." Y/N told her. "I am nervous with the final on Friday. I want to win it. I have never wanted something so fucking much."

"I believe you will win." Lizzie told her softly.

"Thank you." Y/N smiled shyly. "But I guess I am gutted because the closest college I have been accepted into to Yale is Brown."

"You still haven't heard off of NYU?" Lizzie questioned as Y/N sighed.

"I have recieved the letter." She took the letter out from her pocket and placing it in Lizzie's lap. "I just can't bring myself to open it. I don't think I can take another rejection letter."

"Y/N. Whatever college you go to doesn't matter because we will still be us." Lizzie said as she picked up the envelope. "Now please just open it."

"Ok." Y/N whispered, taking the letter from Lizzie's hand. Taking a deep breath before she opened it and started to read it.

"So?" Lizzie asked her impatiently.

"I got in." Y/N whispered. Lizzie dived into her arms. Kissing her softly. "I got in."

"You did it Y/N." She beamed as Y/N's arms wrapped around her. "I am so proud of you. So fucking proud."

"I can't believe it." Y/N beamed as she re-read the letters on the page.

Y/N couldn't wipe the smile from her face knowing that she will be going to NYU. It is the closest college to Yale. She trained like crazy all week, wanting to win this game.

"Hey superstar." Lizzie grinned as she entered the locker room. The others were already all on the pitch.

"Hey sunshine." Y/N smiled as she walked towards Lizzie. Kissing her softly. "Every goal I score is for you."

"I love you." Lizzie whispered as she kissed Y/N once more. "Now go and kick some ass."

"I love you too sunshine." Lizzie smiled as she followed Y/N outside. Finding her seat beside Scarlett.

"Is she ok?" Scarlett asked her as Lizzie nodded.

"She's perfect." Lizzie smiled as she watched Y/N intently. "She's going to NYU."

"Really?" Chris asked with a smile as Lizzie nodded. "My parents want me to find a roommate since they already have an apartment in the city."

"How much money fo your parents have." Scarlett asked him as he shrugged.

"I've never really asked." He said with a smirk. "Do you think Y/N would be my roommate?"

"Yeah. You should ask her." Lizzie said as the crowd cheered fof Y/N scoring the first goal.

The game ended 3-2 to Campbell High coming out on top with Y/N scoring a hat trick.

"Wow. You were amazing baby." Lizzie whispered as she hugged Y/N once she came out of the showers.

"Thank you." Y/N smiled as she dried her hair with a towel.

"Chris is having a celebration party for the State Champs." Lizzie smiled as she pulled Y/N closer to her by the waistband of her trousers. "But we could always have a party of our own."

"Sunshine, I want our first time to be memorable for you." Y/N told her. "If this between us doesn't last til our last breaths, I want you to always remember that I was your first love. Your first time. I want you to think back on it even when your with your husband or wife. Even when your grey and old."

"I will always remember you Y/N because you are my forever." Lizzie told her. "I am not a believer of fate but I do believe that we are endgame. This is it for us. You are the person I am supposed to call home for the rest of my life. My Blue Bear."

Y/N just leaned in and captured her lips in a soft passionate kiss. Pulling away before Lizzie could deepen it.

"I am still doing something special for your first time." Y/N told her as she caressed her cheek with her fingers. "Come on. Let's celebrate with our friends."

AN

Here is todays chapter guys. Please let me know what you think.