46: Go The Distance.

As the summer went on, Y/N and Lizzie spent as much time as they could together. Whether it be just doing nothing together or going on little trips.

"We should road trip to college." Chris said as the four of them sat together at the beach.

"That would take days." Scarlett groaned.

"But it could be fun. We could rent a couple of rooms at motels on the way." Y/N chimed in. Agreeing with him.

"I think it could be fun." Lizzie agreed as Scarlett groaned.

"So road trip to college it is." Scarlett said as she lay back on her towel. Her sunglasses on over eyes.

"We should leave this week." Y/N said as the others looked her way. "To make it there before orientation. We have got to go to Yale and then go to NYU."

"So we should say our goodbyes to our families." Lizzie said sadly. Hating the idea of leaving her mum.

Which is what they did. Each of them spent the day with their families before packing their bags and leaving the next day.

"I am going to miss my baby." Jarnette said as she cupped Lizzie's face. Everyone decided to meet at the cafè before heading off.

"I'll still come and visit mum. And I'll call all the time." Lizzie told her.

"I know. I'm just so proud of you sweetie." She kissed her head before pulling her in for a long hug. "I packed plenty of food for your trip." She said as she got a cooler from the counter. "There's sandwiches, rolls. Cakes and drinks too."

"Thank you mum." Lizzie beamed as Y/N took the box to the car. Leaving Lizzie to say goodbye to her sisters. Jarnette followed Lizzie out to the car. Both Chris and Scarlett were already in their seats as Y/N opened the door for Lizzie.

"Drive safe. All of you." Jarnette said as she pulled Y/N in for a hug. "Text me when you get to your first stop."

"We will." Y/N said as she got in the car herself. Jarnette and the twins waved them off as Y/N started to drive.

"This is going to be fun." Chris beamed as Scarlett cuddled into his arm.

"It will. We have a road trip mix too." Y/N beamed as she played the CD she had made in the car. Driving onto the interstate as Stone Temple Pilots played. Chris and Scarlett both fell asleep half an hour of driving. "You can sleep too if you're tired." Y/N told her, taking her hand in hers.

"I would rather spend as much time awake with you as I can." Lizzie told her with a smile. "We aren't going to spend as much time together when we're at college, especially being in different states."

"That is going to truly suck." Y/N said as Lizzie agreed laughing. "But this isn't going to be goodbye. I could never say goodbye to you." Y/N kissed the back of Lizzie's hand. Smiling as Lizzie yawned. Trying to stifle it but failed. "Sleep. I'll still be here."

Lizzie did just that. Y/N drove with the radio playing softly in the background. Slowly pulling into a motel as it was now dark. When Y/N stepped out of the car, the closing of the door waking the others wake up.

Lizzie rubbed her eyes, looking around her surroundings until seeing Y/N walk back to the car with two keys in her hand.

"Here's you room key." She gave Chris the other key who thanked her groggily. "We're next door so please keep it down."

"What do you mean?" Scarlett asked slightly offended.

"I know how loud people can be." She smirked as Lizzie laughed as Chris nodded along as Scarlett hit her arm playfully.

"She is not wrong." Chris said as she hit him.

"You need tame her brother. She's abusive." She told him as she drove to the parking spot outside their rooms. "We'll leave tomorrow after breakfast." The others all watched as Y/N disappeared into her room with Lizzie's and her bag. Without even showering, slumping on the bed and allowing exhaustion to take over.

"She must be tired as fuck." Scarlett said as the three stood and watched her from the doorway.

"Well she did drive us all the way here." Lizzie said as she looked at the other two with a warning look. "Now please be quiet. She is driving again tomorrow."

"Maybe one of us can take over." Scarlett suggested.

"No." Y/N grumbled. "I am not letting any of you drive my car. Especially Chris."

"Well then, it's settled." Scarlett said with a smirk. "No sex tonight." Lizzie laughed as Chris disappeared into their own room, followed by an amused Scarlett. Lizzie then walked inside their room and sat beside Y/N on the bed.

"Do you want to shower first. Maybe eat something." Lizzie suggested as she stroked Y/N's hair.

"Nu uh. Tired." Y/N grumbled as Lizzie laughed. Helping her take off her shoes and jeans as she reluctantly moved to get under the covers. "Stay." Y/N pouted as she made weak grabby hands.

"I need to shower Y/N." Lizzie told her.

"We shower tomorrow 'gether. Cuddles now." Y/N mumbled making Lizzie smile at her being cute. Sliding in the bed beside her. Y/N instantly pulled Lizzie into her. Making Lizzie smile fuzzily. Basking in the cuddles she us going to miss shortly.

As the days went on. Each night was the same. But they also dreaded the moment they reached the building that Scarlett and Lizzie where both going to be staying in. Y/N and Chris helped them get their bags upstairs. Once Chris and Scarlett left Y/N and Lizzie in her room, Lizzie sighed sadly.

"I can't believe this is it." She whispered as she looked at Y/N. "We are now going to be living in different states."

"I know." Y/N said as she held Lizzie's hands. Intertwining their fingers. "But we will call every night and I will visit as much as possible."

"Well you are the one with the car." Lizzie smirked as Y/N laughed before looking in the forest green of her irises.

"This isn't goodbye." Y/N told her. "It will never be goodbye between us." Lizzie smiled up at her tearily as she spoke. "I don't really remember my life before you and I certainly only see my life with you. College is just a milestone. A test on our relationship." Lizzie nodded as Y/N wiped her eyes. "We will go the distance Lizzie. It's you and I."

"You and I." Lizzie whispered. Y/N nodded before Lizzie leaned up and kissed her softly. Resting their foreheads together. "Now go before I keep you here." Lizzie laughed as Y/N nodded. The two already finding it hard to say goodbye. Y/N kissed her one more time and held her close.

"I love you sunshine." Y/N whispered as she hugged Lizzie close.

"I love you more." Lizzie said into Y/N's chest. Sad when Y/N pulled away and walked out with one last longing glance before leaving. Chris right behind her.

"Are you ok?" Scarlett asked Lizzie.

"Yeah. It's not really the end." Lizzie said as Scarlett hugged her friend. "We will make it. I know we will." She moved back into her room to unpack her things. Putting her blue bear on the bed along with the photos of her and Y/N beside the bed. Smiling at the goofy faces and the memories they had both made in such a short time. Knowing the future is full of possibilities of making more memories. With or without each other.

AN

The last chapter is here my dudes. Please let me know what you think.