28: Winter Break

Y/N and Lizzie spent most of the Winter break together. Even working the same shifts at the cafe. Spending nights cuddled up staying over at either's home.

"Ooh I love this movie." Y/N squealed  like a child as Lizzie put Nightmare Before Christmas on making Lizzie laugh. Y/N had her arms wrapped around Lizzie securely as they were both in their pajamas. Lizzie smiled as she listened to Y/N sing every song word for word.

"Why is this one your favourite?" Lizzie asked her softly as she leaned up, hovering over Y/N's lying form.

"Well, even through all of the bad stuff, this was the one thing I had that made me feel safe." Y/N spoke honestly. "I used to feel safe in my room, but he took that from me, so this brought me comfort instead."

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Lizzie whispered as Y/N sighed.

"What shall we watch next?" Y/N asked as she sat up, causing Lizzie to follow her actions. "Actually uh, I need a drink." Y/N stood up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass of the draining board and filling it with water. Lizzie stayed in the room, giving Y/N the space if that is what she wants.

"Are you ok?" Kathryn asked Y/N as she entered the kitchen.

"I'm fine." Y/N whispered as she kept her eyes on the backyard. "I uh, I guess I am just tired right now."

"Well go and get some sleep." Kathryn spoke softly.

"Not that kind of tired." Y/N told her as she looked her way. Kathryn noticed how Y/N looked broken.

"Talk to me." Kathryn whispered as Y/N shook her head.

"I uh, I'm gonna head up. Lizzie's picking the next movie and well, we have our shift tomorrow too." Y/N told her honestly. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

Kathryn watched as Y/N walked upstairs. She knew that hearing the news of Y/D/N being released would ruin her.

"Hey, I thought we could maybe watch Frozen?" Lizzie told her as Y/N closed the door.

"I'm actually kind of tired." Y/N spoke as she placed a cup of water down on the night stand for Lizzie.

"We should get some sleep. We've got a long shift at the cafe." Lizzie spoke softly. Not wanting to pressure Y/N into talking.

Y/N got in beside Lizzie and opened her arms for her. Lizzie kissed Y/N's cheek before she cuddled into Y/N. Y/N held her close, finding a sense of comfort in her warmth. Listening to Lizzie's breaths even out as she fell asleep. Y/N lay there awake for hours. Afraid to close her eyes and the nightmares.

The next morning rolled around, and both Y/N and Lizzie showered separately before getting ready for the long day. It is a few days before christmas, and with it being winter break. A lot of people would be out and about doing last minute christmas shopping.

"Did you sleep at all?" Lizzie asked Y/N, concerned.

"A little." Y/N spoke as she made two cups of coffee. "I am just. It's nothing really."

"You can talk to me about anything Y/N. Whenever you feel comfortable enough." Lizzie told her.

"How did I get so lucky?" Y/N asked as she gave Lizzie her coffee.

"She has very low standards." Kathryn said as she took Y/N's coffee from her hands.

"You do know there is a perfectly good coffee machine there." Y/N stated as she made herself a fresh one.

"I know, but I wanted this one." Kathryn smirked causing Lizzie to laugh at their interaction. "Now hurry up or you're both going to be late for work."

"Yes Mother." Y/N called after her as she left the kitchen. "She is right though." Y/N turned to Lizzie who just nodded. "But I think you should drive us. I don't want to risk an accident with you in the passenger seat."

"Ok." Lizzie kissed her softly before Y/N gave her the keys. The two bidding their farewell to Kathryn who was sat reading the paper.

"Hey you two are early." Jarnette exclaimed as she saw the two girls walk on hand in hand.

"Well Kathryn made us think we were late." Y/N said earning a slap from Lizzie.

"We wanted to help mum." Lizzie spoke with a smile as she led Y/N to behind the counter, grabbing their aprons.

"Ok. Well it is going to be busy from 10am so we are going to have to split the cafe into three sections. Lizzie, Y/N and MK are on the floor. Ashley, you are in the kitchen and behind the counter with me." She went on to split the cafe into three sections as the girls all got to work.

As the day went on, the flow within the cafe went smoothly. All of them concentrating on the customers inside. Failing to notice when a man stops and looks inside the busy cafe. Finding Y/N as she worked, smiling at her customers before she went to give the orders in the Ashley.

He decided to step inside, finding the only free seat in Lizzie's section. Looking over the menu as he kept his eyes trained on Y/N at the other side of the cafe as she worked.

"Hi, what can I get you sir." Lizzie asked him with a polite smile.

"Hi, aren't you nice. I would have a black coffee and a BLT." He asked her. Watching as she wrote it down. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." Lizzie nodded as he smirked. His eyes always on Y/N.

"Do you know Y/N?" He asked her as she smiled as she looked over her shoulder at her girlfriend. Y/N caught her eyes and smiled at her before her eyes landed on the man she was talking to.

"I do." She smiled as she turned to face him once more.

"Well, you do realise, she will ruin you. She destroys everything that she touches." He told her as Y/N approached them.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Y/N yelled as she pulled Lizzie behind her.

"It's so good to see you slugger." He smirked as he stood up.

"No. Stay away from her." Y/N told him. "Or so help me. You may have hurt me but you will never step foot near her again."

"We need a long over due chat. Especially after what you did." He sneered as Lizzie started to work out who he is. "And you know how I get when I am angry." Y/N was frozen in place as he walked out.

"Y/N?" Lizzie called out as Y/N followed him outside mindlessly. Looking through the crowds of people, not finding him in sight. She ran her hands over her face. A cold sweat forming on her body.

"Y/N, let's go back inside." Jarnette spoke as she held Y/N's hand. Y/N tried to take a deep breath. "Y/N, breathe with me."

Y/N followed Jarnette's instructions before the two went into the kitchen. Jarnette grabbed her a glass of water. She had Ashley take over Y/N's section.

"I don't know who that man is, or what history you have with him." Jarnette spoke as she checked the food on the stove. "But I am here Y/N. I love you like one of my girls and as you know, those three and this business is my life, and since you and Lizzie became something, I have found another daughter in you. So just remember, you have more people than you know."

"Thank you." Y/N whispered before she stood. "It's just a past that won't stop haunting me." Y/N started to help Jarnette cook. "Just never let him in here. Please don't let him near the girls."

"I will do what I can Y/N. He won't come near you too. Not while you are here." She smiled at the teenager as she flipped some burgers.

AN

Another chapter guys. Please let me know what you think.