25 : Why?

Since the last game, Y/N hadn't heard off of Davenport, but she kept her head up for the next few games. Also her birthday was coming around. A day that she doesn't look forward to, but she has also been busy whenever she is on her own, christmas shopping for Lizzie. She also bumped into Seb, who she hasn't seen since the day of the fight.

"How are you?" He asked her as she shook her head, chuckling dryly.

"Seriously? It has been weeks since the fight. Weeks since our best friend helped two other guys beat me up. And now you're asking how I am?" Y/N scoffed as she went to walk away

"Come on Y/N, the three of us have been best friends for years. We always have each others backs." He reasoned as he followed her.

"Seriously. You always have his back. Especially when he yelled something personal about me across the cafeteria for the whole school to hear." Y/N told him. "You didn't stop him. You never had my back. You both never really did."

"Come on Y/N." Seb spoke as Y/N sighed as she come to a stop.

"No Seb. Please just leave me alone. You both ruined our friendship. You both did." Y/N spoke before walking off to her car. She drove until she couldn't anymore. When she pulled up outside her home, she felt the tears start to fall. She hit the steering wheel repeatedly before she wiped her eyes. Taking a few deep breaths before getting out of the car, taking Lizzie's presents with her.

"Y/N. We need to talk." Kathryn said as she stood. Y/N noticed the presence of Sarah Hamilton. Her case worker.

"What is it about?" Y/N asked as she placed the bag down before sitting down.

"I understand you are 18 in a couple of weeks so you won't be under our care anymore." Sarah spoke. "But I have to notify you that Y/D/N is being released on good behavior."

"What?" Y/N whispered. Her whole body running ice cold at the mention of his name. "No. He can't."

"Y/N. You will be safe." Kathryn told her softly. "You will be staying here. You're like a daughter to me."

"When does he get released?" Y/N asked trying to be strong.

"On the 19th." Sarah spoke.

"My birthday? Why?" She asked as she started to breath erratically. She darted up the stairs to her room.

"Don't worry Sarah, I've got it from here." Kathryn spoke. "Just make sure you get that restraining order in place."

Sarah just nodded as she took her belongings before Kathryn shown her out. When she went up to Y/N's room, it was empty but she noticed the bathroom light was on and the shower was running.

When she opened the door, her  heart broke at the sight of Y/N in the shower sat on the floor, underneath the cold running water.

"No. No. No." She mumbled as she rocked back and forth. "It can't be happening."

"Y/N?" Kathryn spoke softly. Kneeling to her level. "Y/N. Please look at me."

She noticed that Y/N was having a panic attack. Reaching for her phone. She called Jarnette to bring Lizzie to help. Especially since Lizzie was the one to help Y/N last time.

She put Y/N's bag in the cupboard before Lizzie got there. Which didn't take too long. As soon as the door bell rang, Kathryn didn't wait to answer it. Allowing Lizzie up the stairs to help Y/N while she and Jarnette sat down in the living room. Kathryn explaining the situation.

"Y/N?" Lizzie called out softly as her heart broke. She had never seen Y/N this broken up before. "Baby? It's me."

"Lizzie?" She mumbled from her arms.

"It's Lizzie." Lizzie spoke softly. "Can I help you out of the shower?"

All Y/N could do was nod. Lizzie went to get a dry towel pulling Y/N up. Y/N stumbled slightly as Lizzie turned off the shower.

"We need to get you out of these wet clothes." Lizzie spoke softly as Y/N shook her head no. "Y/N, you will get sick. Please let me help you."

"No." Y/N whispered in a broken voice, turning away from her. "I don't want you to look at me differently."

"I will never look at you any different." Lizzie told her assertively. Turning Y/N back to face her as she looked in her eyes. "You will always be my blue bear. The one person who I am in love with."

"You love me?" Y/N whispered as Lizzie nodded her head.

"I do. I really do." Lizzie spoke. "I have this feeling of home whenever I am with you. I guess that feeling has always been there but I know what it means now. I am in love with  you Y/N. All of you. The good and the bad."

"I really do love you sunshine." Y/N whispered with a smile as they pulled Lizzie in for a hug. Needing the comfort.

"Ok. Now let me help you dry yourself and get into some dry clothes." Lizzie said as Y/N nodded. She started to strip with the help of Lizzie. Y/N's whole body fatigued from the panic.

Lizzie held in the gasp as she saw the scars all over Y/N's back. It was like she had been tortured. It makes sense all of those times when she was in her old home, when she wouldn't sit back in her chair.

Lizzie helped Y/N walk to her room. Grabbing some new clothes after Y/N had told her were to look. Taking a t shirt for herself.

"Can you hold me?" Y/N asked her, barely above a whisper.

"Always." Lizzie replied softly. Taking off her shoes before laying down, opening her arm for Y/N to lay in her embrace. Lizzie kissed Y/N's head and started to hum a lullaby in hopes of lulling Y/N into a peaceful state of mind.

She listened to Y/N's breaths, hearing them even out as she soon fell into a slumber. Lizzie felt her own eyes grow heavy, falling asleep herself as she held Y/N. So many questions in her mind. One always came to the fore front of her mind.

What did Y/N do to deserve everything she has been through?

AN

Another chapter is finally here beautiful people. Please let me know what you think