32: Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is now here. Y/N had planned a little picnic date for Lizzie atop the hill with a perfect view. She was nervous and she didn't know why.

"So you have everything you need for today?" Kathryn asked Y/N. Y/N checked the basket once more before turning to face her.

"Yes." She breathed as Kathryn chuckled.

"You seem nervous." Kathryn stated.

"This is my first Valentine's Day." Y/N told her. "I haven't celebrated it before. Well I never really had a reason to."

"Well, just don't break her heart." Kathryn told her sternly as Y/N smiled at her.

"That isn't my intention with Lizzie." Y/N told her. "I intend to spend what is left of my life with her showing her just how amazing she is."

"Good." Kathryn told her. "Also don't wait up. I have a date tonight too."

"Ooh Kathy. Is it serious?" Y/N teased her. "Do I need to give him the talk?"

"Why did I take you in again?" Kathryn smirked.

"Because you love me." Y/N smiled before her expression became serious. "I never said thank you."

"You don't have to Y/N." Kathryn waved her off as Y/N shook her head.

"I want to." Y/N spoke sincerely. "If it wasn't for you I would have most likely been in prison or dead by now. But you saw potential in me. Underneath all of the dickery."

"I don't think that is a word." Kathryn smirked

"Would you just shut up and let me thank you." Y/N told her sternly making her chuckle.

"Yes. I saw potential in you so yes. I took a special interest in your case." Kathryn told her. "I want you to have the best things that life has to offer and not the shitty hand you have been given. And I love you. You are like a daughter to me Y/N."

Y/N just smiled before she pulled the older woman in for a hug. Kathryn was shocked with this since Y/N has never really hugged her before.

"I love you too." Y/N whispered before she straightened up. Wiping her eyes. "You and Lizzie have made me soft."

"We just broke down that huge wall you had built to hide the real you." Kathryn said as she picked the basket up. "Now go for your date. I most likely won't be home tonight so please if you think of doing anything. Use protection."

Y/N smiled as she stepped out of the house. Walking to her car, putting the basket on the backseat with the blanket before she started to drive to Lizzies.

When she arrived, she smiled as she watched Lizzie walk out of the house wearing her flannel and light blue jeans. Getting out to open the door for her, Lizzie kissed Y/N's cheek before she closed the door. Making her way to the drivers side.

"Hi." Lizzie whispered once Y/N strapped herself in.

"Hi." Y/N leaned over and gave her a proper kiss before starting the car. Driving through the sunny streets of LA to their destination. Once they were there, Y/N opened Lizzie's door for her before getting the blanket and the basket. Leading Lizzie to a spot that gave them a beautiful view of the city.

"This is amazing." Lizzie told her with a bright smile.

"I know you like the simple dates more than fancy restaurants." Y/N told her as she poured the two some lemonade. "And I love it just being us."

"Me too." Lizzie smiled as she watched Y/N get out some flowers.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Y/N smiled as Lizzie took the flowers. Bringing them to her nose.

"Happy Valentine's Day." Lizzie returned before she leaned in and kissed Y/N softly. The two ate, sharing small conversations as they watched the city. Once the two had finished. Y/N cleared up the rubbish and placing the basket to the side. Lizzie lay down pulling Y/N down with her.

"You know, this is the happiest I have felt in a very long time." Y/N told her as she admired Lizzie's side profile in the sun. "And I have to thank for that."

"I love you." Lizzie whispered as she turned to face Y/N. "So much."

"I love you more." Y/N said as she leaned up on her elbow above Lizzie. Lizzie caressed Y/N's cheek with a loving smile on her face. Lizzie pulled her in for a soft kiss before the two pulled away smiling. "We should get going."

"Where?" Lizzie asked her as Y/N rose to her feet.

"Home. Kathryn is going to be gone all day and night." Y/N said with a smile. Lizzie nodded nervously. As much as she has shared a bed with Y/N. She has never been entirely alone with her. "Besides I want you to teach me how to bake those cookies you love."

"Come on then." Lizzie said as she jumped at the chance to bake. Grabbing the blanket and starting towards the car excitedly. Leaving a chuckling Y/N trailing behind.

AN

Another fluff fest. Please let me know what you think.