11: Apologies

When Lizzie made it home. She was conflicted. Her emotions were everywhere. What Robbie said replaying in her mind. The picture of a sweaty toned Y/N was all that she could see whenever she closed her eyes. She didn't know how long she was sat there for when she heard the doorbell ring.

"Hey." She spotted Y/N with some take out. "I uh I had some stuff to do after school and I thought I would bring some dinner to apologise for being late."

"So what was her name?" Lizzie asked as Y/N followed her to the kitchen.

"I didn't sleep with anyone." Y/N told her honestly.

"You're late and well you bring apology food." Lizzie stated. "And I know your M.O. I am not stupid Y/N. I just don't appreciate you coming here as a last resort after fucking some whore."

Y/N sighed as she picked up her things. Making her way to the door.

"I was moving into my new home." Y/N said as she reached the door. "Maybe you shouldn't judge me when you don't really know me." With that Y/N left leaving Lizzie feeling bad. Extremely bad.

Over the next few days. Lizzie tried to approach Y/N to apologise but Y/N kept avoiding her.

"What are you doing?" Scarlett asked Lizzie as she was about to approach you but Scarlett stopped her.

"I said something hurtful to Y/N and well, she is avoiding me and I want to apologise." Lizzie told her.

"What did you say that was so hurtful?" She asked her as Lizzie glared at her. "Ok. Never mind."

"I don't know what to do." Lizzie groaned.

"Corner her. She goes to the gym. She is always the last one out of the changing room for well you know." Scarlett said as Lizzie watched her.

"I know?" She asked her as Scarlett looked around. Making sure no on is listening to there conversation.

"She is intersex." Scarlett whispered as it now clicked. She always wears jeans or joggers. She wears the boys shorts for soccer and not the shorter tighter girls shorts. "They have practice at lunch. Let's watch them practice and then you can catch her before she leaves the locker room.

The two watched as they trained. Lizzie kept her eyes on Y/N all through practice. She waited until they all left the pitch. Making her way to the locker rooms. Waiting for everyone except Y/N to step out.

"Y/N. I need to talk to you." Lizzie said as she locked the door behind her.

"You need to stop this Lizzie." Y/N groaned as she turned to her.

"No. I need to apologise Y/N." She countered as Y/N chuckled dryly before turning to face her.

"No you don't. You just spoke what you think of me. What everyone thinks of me." Y/N said as she attempted to go to the showers as Lizzie followed her. "This is something I'd prefer to do alone."

"I am sorry Y/N." Lizzie said. Ignoring her last remark. "I don't really know you to make snap judgements or go off of what others have said about you."

"Just please leave." Y/N told her.

"I need you to forgive me Y/N. Please accept my apology. Come back for tutoring." Lizzie told her.

"I was really moving into a new home that day Lizzie." Y/N sighed as she turned to face her. "I had been living in my car after my foster parent beat me up. Again. But no one knows that. No one." Lizzie felt her heartbreak at the little that Y/N had told her. "So I apologise for celebrating with my new Foster parent that I am finally safe. I am safe Lizzie. I don't have to worry about when the next beating is coming. Is it going to be the belt. His fist. The bat."

"I'm so sorry Y/N." Lizzie whispered. "I didn't know."

"No one knows Lizzie. No one." Y/N ran her hands through her hair. "And I would prefer it if no one finds out."

"I won't tell anyone Y/N. Your story isn't mine to tell." Lizzie told her softly as she stepped forward. "Can I hug you?" She asked her.

"I am sweaty." Y/N told her as Lizzie shrugged. She wrapped her arms around Y/N.

"It would be less awkward if you hugged me back." Lizzie mumbled into her chest.

"I would but you have trapped my arms." Y/N chuckled as Lizzie laughed with her. The two looked in each others eyes.

"So are we ok?" Lizzie whispered as Y/N nodded.

"We're ok." Y/N replied as the two were slowly leaning in. Only to jimp apart at the sound of a bang on locker room door.

"Y/L/N!! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THERE AND TO CLASS!!" Coach Hamilton yelled through the door.

"I'll uh. I'll see you." Y/N said as Lizzie stepped back.

"Yeah. Tutoring tonight?" Lizzie asked her as Y/N nodded with a smile. "Well I will let you shower while I will sit through my last class smelling of sweat."

"I did warn you." Y/N smiled at her. Genuinely smiled which Lizzie returned before unlocking the door and leaving the locker room. A smile on her face while Y/N felt lighter. She could trust Lizzie. Maybe Lizzie will be the one who will change Y/N. Bring down her walls.

AN

Things are calming down between Lizzie and Y/N. Please let me know what you think.