37: I Got In

Y/N went to work earlier that day, she didn't bother with going to school. She felt lighter. Happier than before. Like she isn't trapped by her past. She smiled as she walked through the door to the cafe.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Jarnette asked her as she put her apron on.

"I had something I needed to do today." Y/N told her with a smile. "I finished earlier than expected so I thought that I would come in earlier to help out before the afternoon rush."

"You're a good kid." Jarnette said as Y/N grabbed the plastic bowl and started to collect the dirty dishes. "Lizzie is coming today too."

"Yeah." Y/N nodded as she took the dishes to the kitchen before getting the surface spray and a cloth. "I can't wait to see her."

"Have you two been ok?" Jarnette asked as Y/N frowned in confusion. "It's just that I have barely seen you two together."

"Oh yeah, she's spending more time with Scarlett. They haven't spent much time together, not since we got together and then she found out that  Colin broke up with Scar again." Y/N told her. "And her best friend needs her more than ever so."

"But you two are ok?" She asked them as they nodded. "Good. I was worried for a moment. You have made her happier than I have ever seen and besides, her letter from Yale came today."

"It did?" Y/N asked her as she nodded.

"I brought it here with me so she can open it." Jarnette said as the two jumped up in excitement. "I really want her to get in."

"Me too." Y/N smiled.

"What about you? Have you had any acceptence letters yet?" She asked the teen.

"Not yet, but I am not giving up hope." Y/N told her with a smile. The rest of the day went by fast. Both of their heads turning when they saw a tired Lizzie walk through the door.

"Hey sweetie." Jarnette smiled which Lizzie returned before her eyes found Y/N.

"Where were you? I was worried when you weren't in school." Lizzie said as she hugged Y/N.

"I'll tell you later." Y/N told her with a smile. "Don't worry. It's good."

"Oh, this came for you sweetie." Jarnette gave Lizzie the letter. Lizzie looked at it and saw the college logo.

"Oh god. This is." Lizzie said as she looked at the letter. "I am so nervous. What if I didn't get in?"

"Just open it. You won't know unless you open it." Jarnette said as Lizzie nodded. Holding the letter with shaky fingers. Ripping it open slowly

"I can't do it." Lizzie said as she slammed it down on the counter.

"Yes you can sunshine." Y/N told her with a gentle smile. "You can do it. No matter what it says, I am so proud of you either way."

"Ok." Lizzie whispered as she looked at the letter on the counter. "Ok." She picked it up and opened. Reading over the words carefully. Both Y/N and Jarnette waiting for her to tell them.

"So?" Y/N asked her when the silence got deafening. Lizzie looked up at the two with a straight face. Her heart pounding in her chest.

"I got in." She whispered. "I got in!" She yelled. Both Jarnette and Y/N jumped for joy before Y/N put her arms around Lizzie lifting her off of the ground and twirling her around.

"I knew you would do it." Y/N said when she put her down.

"You helped me Y/N. With the essay." Lizzie told her as Y/N shook her head.

"No. It was all you sunshine. You did it all on your own." Y/N smiled before kissing her softly.

"Ok, this calls for a celebration." Jarnette said as she turned the open sign and closed the cafe. "We are going to your favourite diner."

"Mum. You can't close." Lizzie told her as she shook her head no.

"I am doing this. I want to celebrate with my daughter who gets to go to the college she has always dreamed of." Jarnette said as she closed up the shop.

"Who's car?" Y/N asked as Jarnette patted her back.

"Yours." She said as she walked outside. Y/N chuckled as they saw the twins walking up to them. "Come on. We're celebrating." Jarnette threw her car keys to them. "Follow Y/N. We're going to Lizzie's favourite diner."

The twins looked at each other confused before following her orders. Jarnette sat in the passenger seat, causing Lizzie to smirk as Y/N opened both doors before getting in the drivers seat herself.

"You have picked a good one Lizzie." Jarnette told her. "Worry when you have to open your own door."

"She would never have to worry about that." Y/N smiled as she started to drive. Lizzie wore a giddy smile on her face all evening. She even pulled Y/N with her to a separate booth to talk for a moment.

"So, why weren't you in school today?" She asked Y/N.

"I went to see Y/D/N." Y/N started. "Don't worry, Kathy came with me. I wanted to know why he let all of that happen to me and I guess it was what I needed. I have never felt lighter. I feel like I am not weighed down by my past. I can just lock it away and move on with my life."

"I am proud of you." Lizzie smiled over at her. "I wouldn't have been able to do that. But you never cease to amaze me."

The rest of the evening went well, until the Olsen girls all got in Jarnette's car. Lizzie was sure to kiss Y/N good night before getting in the car.

"Text me when you get home." Lizzie asked Y/N.

"I will." Y/N told her with a smile. Watching as they drove out of sight before making her own way home. When she entered, she saw Kathryn holding an envelope.

"It's from Yale." Was all she said. Y/N took it with shaky hands. Opening the letter with haste. Kathyn watched her carefully as Y/N's heart shattered.

"I didn't get in." Y/N told her barely above a whisper. Her heart breaking since she won't be going to the same college as Lizzie.

AN

Here you go guys. Please let me know what you think. Also this fic will be coming to an end soon too.