22: Grounded

As soon as Kathryn rushed into the coffee shop, her worried eyes instantly found Y/N struggling to stay awake. Mumbling something as Lizzie remained with her.

"What happened?" She asked Lizzie as her eyes remained trained on Y/N.

"Well three guys decided it would be fun to beat her up." Lizzie spoke as she helped Y/N stand.

"I will need all of their names and I will deal with them tomorrow." Kathryn said as she and Lizzie helped Y/N into the car. Lizzie glanced back at the cafe before she got in beside Y/N. Knowing that her mum is most likely going to lose her shit.

The drive to the hospital was fast. Lizzie was helping Kathryn walk a dazed looking Y/N towards the emergency room.

"She is heavier than she looks." Lizzie groaned as the three reached the desk.

"Fuck. I'm late for work." Y/N groaned again as she tried to get out of Lizzie's and Kathryn's grip.

"She is obviously disorientated." Kathryn informed the nurse at the desk.

"We will need to get them to CT right away." The nurse said as she signalled for a wheelchair. "Page neuro." She said as they helped Y/N into the chair. "We will come and find you when she is out of CT."

The two nodded and took a seat. Kathryn soon turned to Lizzie with a serious expression on her face.

"I need a serious recollection of events leading up to this. The names of those involved. Everything." She told the teen. "Because I will be damned if anything happens to her. Everyone in that school will soon know what real fear tastes like."

Lizzie nodded and told her everything that had happened in the previous week leading up to the afternoon. Told her the names of those involved wanting them to get their come uppance. 

"Oh god." Kathryn groaned as she looked up at the spackle tiled ceiling.

"Ms Hahn?" The nurse called out as both Lizzie and Kathryn stood.

"Yes." She said as the two approached.

"She is in a room if you would like to see her." The nurse said as the two nodded. Following her to a room, seeing Y/N looking out of the window.

"She won't let me leave." Y/N stated with a pout which made Lizzie smile slightly as she approached Y/N's bedside as the nurse and Kathryn remained near the door.

"This is Dr Smith, she worked on Y/N's case." The nurse stated, diverting the attention to the woman in the white coat.

"Y/N has a mild concussion so she will have to stay overnight for observation." She informed Kathryn before lowering her voice. "As we were performing her check up. I noticed there were scars on her back, the type consistent of abuse."

"Y/N was in an abusive home before I fought to get her placed with me." Kathryn informed her, not thinking of someone listening to her. "Her mother passed away during child birth and her father is in prison for child abuse. So she was placed in the system. And let's just say life hasn't been easy for her."

"I just need to know so I can write out my report for her case and send a copy to her case worker." Dr Smith informed Kathryn who clenched her jaw at the mention of Miss Hamilton. 

She watched the doctor turn away before she approached Y/N's bedside.

"Kathy, please get me out of here. Lizzie won't help me get out of here." Y/N groaned as the two laughed at her.

"I have got to take this one home but I will be back Y/N." Kathryn said as she rested her hand on Lizzie's shoulder. "And I will bring some take out yeah."

"Ok." Y/N pouted. "Can I get a kiss?"

"No!!" Kathryn yelled as Lizzie laughed at them.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking my girlfriend." Y/N yelled back as Lizzie was doubled over holding her stomach. "I wouldn't ever want a kiss off of you. I'm not saying you aren't attractive but you are just simply not my type. And besides your like three times my age."

"You know I am rethinking about take out. Might just let you suffer with the food they serve here." Kathryn smirked as she walked away.

"I'll see you soon baby." Lizzie whispered as she stood up. Leaning down to kiss Y/N softly.

"I love you." Y/N whispered with her eyes closed. Lizzie'e eyes widened as she stepped away.

"I'll text you." Lizzie said before kissing her forehead before leaving the room.

"Did she just?" Kathryn asked her as Lizzie nodded. "She never?" Lizzie shook her head no. The two got in Kathryn's car in silence as she drove Lizzie home. "Just please don't break her heart. I know she seems like she doesn't really care about anything but, she is really just a huge softie. Especially since she has been with you. Her grades have improved. I even caught her applying for colleges and now we have scouts lined up to see her play from all over. And that has all happened since you came into her life."

"I uh. I am only 17. I don't know what love is Miss Hahn." Lizzie told her.

"You'll know what it is when you feel it." Kathryn smiled at her as she pulled up outside Lizzie's home. Lizzie bid her goodbye as she stepped out of the car. Her mum's car in the driveway. Her heart hammering in her chest as she made her way up the path.

"Elizabeth Chase Olsen!" Jarnette boomed as she opened the door before Lizzie reached the steps. "Get your ass in here now."

Lizzie walked in with her head down. The twins disappeared up the stairs knowing that you never put yourself before an angry Mama J.

"I told you to stay in the cafe." She started as Lizzie stood there. "I told you specifically to stay and that Kathryn would take care of Y/N and you disobeyed me. You made a complete fool out of me when you ignored me. I thought you were better than that Elizabeth."

"I'm sorry, I wanted to." Lizzie started but was cut off.

"I don't care what you wanted. You still made a fool out of me in my place of work. Were we still had customers." She yelled. "You are grounded for two weeks. I will take you to school and one of the twins will pick you up. You will help at the cafe on the days that Y/N is off. You will have no contact with Y/N. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal." Lizzie said before she walked to her room. Not before Jarnette took her phone from her. Lizzie lay on her bed, cuddling her blue bear Y/N. Missing her Y/N.

AN

Here you go guys. This will be a three book series cos I feel like Smithy123345 and I could do so much with this storyline. Please let me know what you think