6: Lizzie

The next day came around fairly quickly. To quick for Lizzie's liking. Today she has to spend her lunch break with Y/N.

"Whoa." Ashley spoke as she saw Lizzie's expression. "What happened? You're usually happy to go to school."

"That was before Principle Hahn roped me into tutoring." Lizzie said as she got herself some breakfast.

"Come on Lizard." Ashley said.

"Stop calling me that. I am 17 years old. 18 in a few months." Lizzie yelled as Ashley raised a brow. "It's also my last year and maybe I get to go to Yale. If I can get a scholarship."

"What do need for one?" Ashley asked her.

"I need to write an application essay." Lizzie groaned. "And I don't know what to write."

"Maybe pick a female idol like Cher." She teased as Lizzie pondered in her thoughts.

"Marie Curie." Lizzie said with a smile.

"Wasn't she that scientist?" Ashley asked her.

"She was." Lizzie said as she put her dishes in the sink to wash. "But I won't be writing about her scientific discovery. I am going to write how she made it possible for the modern day woman to do anything she puts her mind to in a society controlled by man."

"I had no clue what you just said." Ashley stated. "So it must be awesome."

Lizzie smiled as she got her snacks for school, knowing she isn't going to have lunch today. She had a plan for her future and she wasn't going to do anything about it.

Meanwhile, Principle Hahn had made a few calls for an emergency meeting with Y/N's case worker.

"Thank you for meeting me Ms Hamilton." She said as she motioned for the woman to take a seat. "I have recently come across some odd behaviours from Miss Y/L/N,  and also recently seen some scars and bruises on her back."

"So what are you implying?" Ms Hamilton asked her.

"I think she is being abused at home." Prinicple Hahn cut straight to it. "The scars and bruises consist of those recieved from being hit with a belt."

"Do you have any other evidence. Did Y/N bring this up?" She asked her.

"No. She didn't." Principle Hahn spoke. "She won't open up to anyone. I just need to know my students are all safe. Every single one of them and if I see one suffering. I feel like I have failed as a teacher. As a mentor."

"Opening this case may end with Y/N being moved out of state to a family who will take her." Ms Hamilton stated. "She will lose all contact with her friends she has made here. Her family that still lives here. She will have to start a new and she won't really have a choice because she doesn't turn 18 until December."

"So you're saying you can't do anything?" Principle Hahn asked defeatedly.

"I am saying that without a substancial amount of evidence, we cannot file a complaint and get the Grant's foster license revoked." She told her as she stood up. "Anyway, they are up for evaluation soon anyway. Maybe I can move it up a few months."

"Thank you." Principle Hahn said with a smile as she walked her out. Not realising the halls had started to fill with students. Y/N was also one of them and also remembered Linda.  When Principle Hahn made eye contact with Y/N, she just shook her head and walked away. "Y/N?" She tried to call after her. Seb and Anthony both followed Y/N since they're the only two that Y/N trusted with the information of her foster situation.

"Y/N!" Seb called out as the two followed her into the gym. "What happened buddy?"

"She." Y/N tried to talk but her breathing increased rapidly.

"She's having a panic attack." Anthony told Seb as the two looked between each other helplessly

"Lizzie." Seb said as Anthony looked at him confused. "She is the good girl of the school. She has helped a few with panic attacks cos she has had them herself, and she won't tell anyone either."

"But it's Y/N." Anthony countered.

"Do you want her to pass out." Seb said as he made his way to the door as Anthony shook his head no. "I'll be back in a few. Get her to sit down."

Anthony did as he was told as Seb ran through the halls. Ignoring the teachers yelling to slow down.

"Lizzie?" He said as he caught his breath. "Y/N. Panic attack."

"Where is she?" Lizzie asked him, setting her hatred aside to help her.

"The gym." He said as he led her away.

"Lizzie? We have art." Robbie yelled after the two. Lizzie completely ignoring him.

"Can you two leave?" Lizzie asked the boys as she approached Y/N. Seb dragged Anthony out of the room and to their next classes. Lizzie sat opposite Y/N who was rocking back and forth. "Y/N. Can you follow m6 breathing for me?" She asked as Y/N shook her head. Her face still in her knees. "I'm going to take your hand ok?" She watched as Y/N nodded. Taking her hand and placing it on her chest. "Can you feel my heartbeart?" Y/N nodded her head. "I want you to mirror my breathing ok? In. And out. In. And out. That's it. Just keep doing that for me."

When Y/N had calmed down moments later, she snatched her hand away from Lizzie.

"Thank you." She spoke hoarsely as she slowly rose to her feet. "I have class."

"Y/N, you can talk to me." Lizzie told her. "I know we aren't friends but you can talk to me and I would never judge."

"The moment I open up to you, you will run away." Y/N said as she walked to the exit.

"You don't know that." Lizzie countered.

"I do. They always run." Y/N opened the door. "I'll see you at lunch." She said leaving Lizzie alone in the gym. Lizzie found herself wanting to know more about Y/N. Especially when she seems hard on the outside but she can see she is soft on the inside and that it is all an act.

AN

Another chapter awesome dudes. Please let me know what you think