7: See You Around

Lizzie made her way to Art class, apologising to Miss Smulders for being late. She made her way to her seat beside Robbie.

"So what was that about?" He asked her as he concentrated on his project.

"Someone was having a panic attack and needed my help." She shrugged.

"Who?" He asked her.

"I am not telling you or anyone that Robbie." She scolded him.

"I'm sorry." He apologised before he looked away from her briefly. "Would you like to see a movie with me tonight?"

"Sure." She nodded with a small smile as his grew as he looked back at his project. Lizzie continued her own with only one thought going through her mind. Y/N. Although she thought she hated her, but she has come to realise that maybe Y/N is jist troubled and needs someone there for her.

The Coach soon stormed to Principle Hahn's office while classes were in session.

"You called Sarah?" Coach Hamilton said as Principle Hahn just nodded. "Why?"

"It's a private matter Linda." Principle Hahn told her.

"Come on Kathryn, I know she is Y/N's case worker. I am not stupid." Linda said as she sat down.

"I saw some questionable marks on Y/N's back." Kathryn told her as Linda sat forward. "All signs that point towards abuse."

"She is in a foster home." Linda said. "I know what it's like to grow up as a child failed by the system and Sarah is just as bad as the rest of them."

"She is going to help Y/N." Kathryn reasoned with her.

"No she isn't. She will evaluate the parents and move Y/N out of state. She will have to re-do senior year all over again because of this." Linda told her.

"Why don't you take her in?" Kathryn asked her as Linda shook her head no.

"I see enough of her here at school. I deal with her attitude on a daily already. So no." Linda told her as Kathryn just sighed. "Why don't you?"

"I have a school to run." She told her.

"You would have a better chance Kathryn. You're the Principle or Campbell High. It has a prestigious Lit, Science and Sport programmes." Linda told her. "You would be able to take her."

"I can't." She said as Linda stood up.

"Just think about it. You may be the best option that girl has." Linda said before leaving the office. Kathryn sighed as she knew that Linda was right so she decided to make some calls.

The lunchtime bell rang, Lizzie made her way to the library ready to meet Y/N. She sat at a table reading her book as Y/N approached. Remaining on her feet.

"Uhm I guess I won't need these sessions anymore." Y/N started as Lizzie looked up at her.

"Why? Is it because of earlier?" Lizzie asked her as she sighed.

"No. I mean yeah. It has something to do with earlier but not you." Y/N said as Lizzie observed her. "So I guess I will see you around."

"Y/N?" Lizzie called after her. Grabbing her arm causing Y/N to involuntarily flinch.

"Sorry." She mumbled as Lizzie shook her head.

"Talk to me. Please." Lizzie whispered. "I am here for you ok."

"See you around." Y/N smiled at her. Leaving the library causing Lizzie to groan.

Principle Hahn watched as Y/N left the premises. She had already made some calls. Now she just had to wait.

Y/N made the mistake of going home as she walked through the door. She heard her foster parents yelling at each other.

"I am going to kill that bitch." She heard Rick's voice.

"We were due our evaluation in a few months anyway." Miora spoke up as Y/N quietly closed the door. Both of their heads turning in her direction. Rick was fast enough to stalk towards her.

"You fucking bitch." He sneered as he started to take off his belt.

"What?" She rolled her eyes at him. "You going to add more scars and bruises to my back." She said as she turned around lifting her shirt up. Already knowing the drill.

"You told someone." He said as he snapped the belt. Getting ready to strike her.

"Rick, baby. Please." Miora said as Rick shook his head.

"She deserves this. We are going to lose our license. Our money." He told his wife as she just shook her head and walked out. "You are a fucking snitch."

He struck her 20 maybe 30 times before he turned her around. Pushing her back harshly against the door making her yelp in pain. Before he punched her repeatedly in the face.

"We're losing our money, may aswell hit you harder." He sneered as she fell to the floor. Her back against the wall. When he followed his wife, Y/N got up slowly and walked up to her room. She took the only things that had any real sentimentality to her. Mainly the few things she had that belonged to her mum and plenty of clothes.

She parked her car around the corner from the school. She sat forward. Her head leaning on the steering wheel as she let her emotions get the better of her. Ignoring the passing students who failed to recognise her.

Lizzie found herself helping her mum out at the cafe after school. She was clearing the tables as her mum done the baking.

"I uh I'm going to the movies with a friend." She told her mum sheepishly.

"You have a date?" Jarnette asked her excitedly.

"It's not a date. I am hanging out and seeing a movie with a friend." She told her as Jarnette just watched her.

"What's her name?" Jarnette asked her as Lizzie looked at her confused. "The girl you like."

"I don't like anyone mum." Lizzie told her. "Robbie and I are going to that theatre that plays old movies."

"Robbie. Tell me about him." She asked her.

"Robbie is a good friend that is it." Lizzie told her bluntly as the door opened. "And here he is."

"Hi. You must be Robbie." Jarnette introduced herself as Lizzie groaned.  "I am Jarnette, Lizzie's mum."

"Hi Ms Olsen." He shook her hand with a shy smile.

"I like him and he likes you." Jarnette whispered to Lizzie whp glared at her mum.

"Well I'll see you later." Lizzie said as she dragged Robbie out. "So what are we watching."

"The PictureHouse has an early showing of the Good Wives Club." He told her shyly as they walked side by side.

"That's my favourite movie." She said excitedly.

"I may have had that information from Scarlett when I asked what you like on a date." He told her as she looked at him in shock.

"This is a date?" She asked him as he smiled nervously at her.

"Yeah. Do you not want it to be?" He asked her with sadness in his voice.

"I do." She spoke hesitantly. Not wanting to hurt his feelings so she soon found herself on a date with a friend who likes her more than a friend. Wondering how she is going to get out of this without hurting him and ruining their friendship.

AN

Another chapter. Two in one day
Please trust the process and let me know what you think.