12: Mary Anning

As the weeks went on, Y/N was happier. She even went to every tutoring session that Lizzie had organised. Just like now. The two were sat in Lizzie's room. The two sat on Lizzie's bed, cross legged opposite each other.

"Have you applied for colleges?" Lizzie asked Y/N as she watched the taller girl.

"No." Y/N spoke honestly. "I never thought I would need to go to college. Truthfully never thought I would reach the age of 18."

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Lizzie spoke softly.

"It's ok. I've been through worse." Y/N shrugged. "But Kathy has helped me a lot. I am now in therapy too so all will be good." Y/N looked up at Lizzie. "What about you? You applied for colleges "

"Yeah but my mum can't really afford it." Lizzie shrugged. "So I have been trying to write my application essay in hopes of getting a writing scholarship."

"Do you have a topic?" Y/N asked as she closed her history book.

"Madam Curie." Lizzie told her.

"So it's about how she changed the face of science while being apart of a male dominearing society." Y/N said as Lizzie nodded in shock.

"How did you?" She asked her as Y/N started to write names of scientists down.

"I know you're wanting to write something meaningful." Y/N stated. "And besides, I know you aren't interested in Science."

"You're right." Lizzie watched asY/N torn a page out of her notebook. "What's this?" She asked as she looked at the names and dates.

"That is a list of world renowned scientists. Dating all the way back to Isaac Newton." Y/N stated. "There is around 50 famoua female scientists dating back to the early 1800s. Mary Anning." Y/N pointed at one of the names on the page. "She was a Palaeontologist."

"Like Ross?" Lizzie asked making Y/N chuckle.

"Yes. Exactly like Ross." Y/N nodded before continuing. "She was the first to discover the Ichthyosaur, Plesiosaur and the Pterosaur skeletons. Although she almost died when she discovered them." Y/N looked up at Lizzie. "Mary Annings opened the door for women at that time to stray from old society of being married off by their fathers and actually discover that they can be more than your typical housemaiden. She opened that door and since then there has been women making discoveries in Physics, Biology and every scientific field you can think of. She did that. She started it."

"Wow. I didn't know you knew so much about this." Lizzie said as Y/N shrugged.

"Maybe if Jackson actually done tests on this I would pass but you know how it is." Y/N shrugged. "And besides, I have a soft spot for the sciences."

"You're actually a nerd." Lizzie laughed at her as Y/N pushed her shoulder lightly.

"Don't tell anyone." Y/N laughed with her.

"You're a secret nerd." Lizzie said in between laughs. Y/N decided to dive on her and tickle her sides. "Please stop." Lizzie tried to breath as Y/N continued to tickle her. "I'm going to pee." Y/N stopped her movements as Lizzie calmed down. She still straddled her as the two gazed at each other. Only a knock on her door breaking them out of their daze. Y/N stood up and started to pack her things.

"I'm going now Lizzie." Ashley said as she peaked her head through. "So do you have a way of getting to the cafe to help mum?"

"I could take her." Y/N said softly as Lizzie shook her head no. "It will be on my way home."

"Ok then. Thank you Y/N." Ashley smiled before she left.

"You don't have to Y/N. I can make my own way." Lizzie told her as Y/N sat back down on the edge of the bed

"It's completely fine. Anyway I am hungry." Y/N said with a smirk. "Do you want to go and get a bite to eat?"

"You're paying." Lizzie said as she patted their back making them laugh as she picked up her bag.

"Let's go." Y/N said with a smile. She smirked as she drove all the way to Lizzie's mum's cafe.

"Seriously Y/N?" Lizzie spoke with a laugh.

"What? I actually want to try your mum's muffins." Y/N spoke with a smile as she turned the engine off.

"Y/N!" Lizzie laughed as she slapped her arm.

"What?" Y/N asked with innocence. "I genuinely want." Y/N realised how Lizzie took what she said. "Get your mind out of the bloody gutter will you."

Lizzie laughed even more as she followed Y/N out of the car. The two making their way inside Jarnie's Cafe.

"I wasn't expecting you for another couple of hours Lizard." Jarnette spoke with a smile as she spotted her with Y/N. "Hello again Y/N."

"Hi Ms Olsen." Y/N smiled at her.

"Y/N here is buying me food." Lizzie smirked as she bumped her hip into Y/N's. "It's the least she could do." The two gave her their orders before taking a seat in the back corner of the shop.

"The least I could do?" Y/N asked her with a raised brow.

"It is." Lizzie teased. "After all I am giving you a lot of my time."

"Yeah. And I can make it worth while." Y/N whispered with an implying smirk. Lizzie kicked Y/N under the table as the two laughed. When they had finished, Y/N tried to pay as Jarnette refused. So Y/N noticed the tip jar on the side and put the money in there.

"Did you just do that?" Jarnette asked with a challenging look.

"I did." Y/N smirked as Lizzie watched the two. "But if you need help with closing I would be happy to help."

"Please put my child to work." Kathy said as she stepped behind Y/N. Lizzie looked shocked as she looked between Y/N and Principle Hahn. "She could do with the experience."

Lizzie dragged Y/N to the other side of the counter as they talked.

"You live with Hahn?" Lizzie asked her.

"Yeah. Kathy fought for me when I was living in my car." Y/N told her. "She didn't want me to go back to them or be moved out of state. Because no one wants to foster a 17 almost 18 year old."

"Wow." Lizzie was shocked as she looked between the two. "That's amazing of her."

"It is. She is the only person other than Coach, you, Seb anf Anthony who know that I'm in foster care. But Kathy is the only one who knows why." Y/N said as she grabbed the big plastic bowl.

"Wow." She whispered as Y/N went to clear the empty tables as some customers left the shop.

AN

Another chapter dudes. Y/N helping Lizzie with her college application essay. Let me know what you think of their relationship progress