36: I Need A Reason

Lizzie couldn't have had a better birthday with her friends. She even found herself spending more time with Scarlett. But today was different. Lizzie and Scarlett had to walk in. Especially after Y/N had a conversation with Kathryn about her past. The two not turning in.

"So what is this about?" Kathryn asked as the two sat in the living room.

"I want to see Y/D/N." Y/N told her with certainty

"Why?" Kathryn asked her shocked. "We just put him back in prison."

"I want to know why? I just need to know why he was never the father that I needed." Y/N took a deep breath. "I feel like I can't fully move on from that part of my past without having a reason. I need a reason why?"

"Sometimes there isn't a reason Y/N." Kathryn reasoned with her as she shook her head.

"There is always a reason for everything." Y/N started. "Even accidents happen for a reason. Besides my therapist said it may be good for me."

"May be." Kathryn said before she sighed. "Fine. We will do it today before I change my mind."

"We?" Y/N questioned.

"Do you honestly think I am letting you do this alone. What kind of a mother would I be." Kathryn slipped up as she emailed Brenda to organise with Coach Hamilton her substitute.

"I think you have been an amazing mother." Y/N smiled at her. "I just with I would have met you sooner."

"Me too kid." Kathryn smiled before making arrangements at the prison too. "Go and get yourself sorted."

As the two were getting ready, Lizzie and Scarlett arrived finally at the school.

"So why couldn't Y/N pick us up?" Scarlett asked Lizzie.

"I don't know. She didn't tell me but she said she would when she next sees me." Lizzie said as she grabbed her books for the day.

"You don't think she will fall back into her old habits?" Scarlett asked Lizzie who chuckled and shook her head no.

"She loves me Scar." Lizzie told her. "She isn't like that. Well that person was all an act." Lizzie told her as she nodded.

"I just want you to be safe." Scarlett told her. "As much as I love Y/N, I will always protect you first."

"I know. That is why we're best friends." Lizzie smiled.

"Speaking of besties. Where's Y/N?" Chris asked as he wrapped his arms over both of their shoulders.

"You really like her don't you." Scarlett teased him.

"She's cool." He shrugged as they all walked to their next class. "So is she coming in today?"

"No. She said she had some appointments today." Lizzie told him as he just nodded. The three of them entering their home room and heading straight to their seats.

Y/N looked through the window as they pulled up to the tall metal gates. The guards had firearms and where stood every few meters.

"Are you sure this is what you need to do?" Kathryn asked once more as she parked the car.

"I am sure Kathy." Y/N told her as Kathryn grabbed her I.D.

"Ok. Well let's do this." She smiled at Y/N who took a deep breath before the two exited the car. They went through security and the searches before they were led to an isolated room. There were a couple of guards. Kathryn sat down as Y/N paced the floor. Stopping when she heard the buzzing of the door and watching his smug mug walking in. Taking a seat opposite Kathryn.

"So what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" He asked as Y/N sat beside Kathryn. Keeping her head up.

"Why did you do it?" Y/N asked him.

"I am going to need you to elaborate." He sneered as he wore a sinister look on his face.

"Why didn't you protect me? You just passed me around your friends like a joint." Y/N asked him once more.

"Why do you want to know?" He smirked at her.

"I deserve an explanation. I deserve to know why you treated me like that." Y/N growled. Kathryn putting her hand on Y/N's shoulder getting her to calm down.

"Well I am not giving you one." He stated as he sat back.

"Is it because mum died when she give birth to me." Y/N pushed as he slammed his hand on the table

"Don't you ever mention her again. You are the reason she died. You killed her." He snarled as he tried to get in Y/N's face.

"No I didn't. I used to think it was my fault and that what you allowed to happen was my punishment." Y/N spoke calmly. "You even led me to believe that. You may not have said it in so many words but I could see how you looked at me. Even before it all started to happen. You hated me. You hated that I was the reason she died. But guess what, she is the reason that I got to live. You're just too simple minded to know it. Like a cave man."

"You are a freak. I wished so many nights that it was you who died and not her. So many fucking nights. Even before I was arrested thanks to you. I had a plan." He took a deep breath before continuing. "I was going to kill you. I had dreamt of it so many nights. Dreamed of your blood on my hands but I wanted you to suffer first. I didn't want to show you mercy."

"Well guess what? I am alive and everyday while you wake up in here, you will live each day with your failure. You will hate yourself because I get to move on with my life. This is me closing that door on my past. The past you made me endure." Y/N said as she stood before looking down on Y/D/N. "I hope you rot in here. Maybe if we're lucky. You won't see the outside world ever again."

Y/N left suddenly with Kathryn behind her. She felt amazing. She can now feel like she can breathe again. Without the nightmares. The torment and worry of him ever coming for her again. She can now leave the past behind her.

AN

Another chapter is here guys. Please let me know what you think .