45: Graduation

Lizzie was extremely nervous this morning, especially with having rehearsed her speech a million times. She has used the mirror, even used Y/N, her sisters and her mum. Although they all said it was amazing, she still has her doubts.

“Are you ready for today sweetie?” Jarnette asked her as she walked downstairs in her summer dress and flats.

“Nope. I am so nervous I can vomit.” Lizzie said before a look of dread dawned on her face. “What if I’m sick on stage while I’m giving my speech.”

“You will be perfect Lizzie.” She told het daughter. She was already dressed in her best dress, having closed the Cafe for the day to celebrate Lizzie’s Graduation. “You have nothing to worry about.”

It didn’t take long for Y/N to arrive to pick up Lizzie. With them already needing to pick up their cap and gowns ready for the ceremony. Lizzie and Jarnette smiled at a nervous Y/N in a suit and tie.

“Apparently being the principle’s kid means I have to dress up very smart.” Y/N scowled as Lizzie fixed her tie.

“I think you look very handsome.” Lizzie smiled before kissing Y/N’s cheek. Y/N smiled at the girl stood before her.

“You look beautiful Lizzie.” Y/N told her with a longing smile on her face. Admiring the girl she plans on spendong the rest of her life with. The two left the house, Y/N opening Lizzie's door for her before getting in herself. "You're going to be amazing sunshine." Y/N told her as she took Lizzie's hand in hers. Already sensing her anxiety.

"How do you know?" Lizzie asked her as she watched Y/N drive.

"Because it's you." Y/N started with a smile. "You are amazing, confident and beautiful. I know that when you get up on that stage and stand before the podium. I know that every anxiety will wash away because although, you haven't been the most populat girl. Head cheerleader or well a slut." The two chuckled as Y/N eased her mind. "You have made an impact in every single one of our class mates lives. That much I know."

"Thank you." Lizzie whispered as she watched Y/N smile as she drove. Pulling up into her usual parking spot. Getting out before Lizzie and opening her door for her. Walking arm in arm to get their cap and gown before situating themselves in the auditorium. Waiting as the seats soon filled with proud parents and family members.

"You will be amazing." Y/N told her one last time before taking their seats.

"You know, watching this group of kids turn into the young men and women has been such an experience to be proud of watching. A vast majority had brought a couple of state championships to the school for both the girls and boys soccer teams." Kathryn said as she smiled proudly as her eyes caught sight of Y/N before she introduced Lizzie.

"You got this sunshine." Y/N whispered as she kissed her head. Lizzie's heart thumping in her chest.

"Hi." Lizzie started shyly. "I have a whole speech prepared about equality and some other shit that I thought was going to be good but fuck it." Everyone chuckled at her words as she straightened up. "When I started at this school four years ago, I had one goal. Graduate and head off to Yale to help fulfill my dream of becoming a journalist. And I am doing that, but I wouldn't be this confident person I am right now if it wasn't for the people who believe in me. The faculty here have been nothing short of supportive in every aspect. Always pushing us to be the very best version of ourselves. Especially Principle Hahn. She treats every student as equals. Pushing us to go after our dreams. Pave our own path in life even though she may never have wanted to become a teacher, but she always acted like a parent to each of us. So we get to leave this chapter of our lives behind us knowing we had the vest mentors life could have given us through out our teenage years. So thank you Principle Hahn. For everything."

With the end of her speech, everyone cheered. Y/N, Scarlett and Chris all stood up and cheered as loud as they could.

"I told you you had it." Y/N told her as she pulled her in for a hug before taking their seats once more. Listening to the rest of the ceremony.

Once everyone was outside, Y/N moved away so Lizzie's family could celebrate with her. Watching as all of the graduating students had their proud parents and families surrounding them. Praising them. Before deciding to walk through the halls. 

"I have never been prouder than anyone I have ever coached." Coach Hamilton spoke as she stood beside Y/N in the hallway. "Seeing you grow into this outstanding adult has really been an experience."

"Thank you for everything." Y/N told her sincerely. "Oddly enough I am going to miss you."

"Shut up kid." Coach Hamilton shoved her shoulder lightly with a dry chuckle. "Don't forget about this place when you make the big leagues."

"I won't." Y/N said as she hugged the coach. Catching her by surprise, which Coach soon recipricated.

"Now can I congratulate my kid." Kathryn said as she approached the two.

"Of course. Please take your brat away from me." Coach Hamilton said as the other chuckled.

"Finally realised you have a heart Linda." Kathryn teased her making Y/N laugh. Linda bid her goodbye to Y/N once more before leaving the two alone.

"Thank you for everything." Y/N started before Kathryn pulled her in for a tight embrace. "You have been the closest thing to a parent I have ever had in my life."

"Don't make me cry now." Kathryn whispered as she squeezed tighter.

"It's true." Y/N said as she pulled away. "You have impacted my life more in this short year than anyone else I have known longer than you. Hell you brought me closer to Lizzie. The one person I see my entire future with."

"You are a smart kid." Kathryn told her.

"And you are an amazing mum." Y/N said with a gentle smile.

"Go and have fun with your friends." Kathryn told her. Pushing her towards the exit. A tear leaving her eye as she watched Y/N leave.

Once Y/N made her way outside, she was instantly met with a tight hug off of Chris.

"God. Please don't kill me yet." Y/N croaked out. Silently asking for him to loosen his grip.

"We did it." He smiled as he pulled away. Y/N's eyes instantly landing on the green eyed beauty.

"Yeah we did." Y/N smiled brightly when Lizzie blew her a kiss before going back to her conversation. Enjoying the last time they would be in the presence of their classmates.

AN

One more chapter after this guys. Please let me know what you think