43: Valedictorian

Now with Graduation looming around the corner in just a few days. Kathryn called Lizzie into her office, extremely proud of the teen.

“You needed to see me?” Lizzie asked as she walked inside Kathryn’s office.

“I did.” Kathryn answered, gesturing for her to take a seat. “I just want to say how proud I am of you Lizzie. It has been an honour to watch you grow into this young woman.” Lizzie smiled shyly at her words. “I also want to congratulate our valedictorian on passing at the top of her class.”

“What?” Lizzie asked the woman in shock. “I’m valedictorian?”

“You’re valedictorian!” Kathryn squealed excitedly with her. Lizzie jumped up and hugged her tightly. Happy tears threatening to fall.

“Thank you.” Lizzie smiled as she wiped her eyes. Pulling away from Kathryn.

“Now go and celebrate with your family and friends.” Kathryn told her. Lizzie smiled brightly as she left the office. Her eyes instantly landing on Y/N as she was talking with Chris. Scarlett was nowhere in sight. Lizzie instantly ran into Y/N’s arms. Thankfully Y/N caught her in time.

“What’s this for?” Y/N asked confused.

“I am valedictorian.” Lizzie said breathlessly. “Kathryn just told me. Oh god Y/N, I can’t believe it.”

“This is amazing.” Chris beamed as he wrapped the two into a hug.

“I am so proud of you sunshine.” Y/N said as she kissed Lizzie’s head. Holding her closely.

“Where is Scarlett?” Lizzie asked confused. Looking between the two.

“I honestly don’t know.” Chris said unsurely.

“I haven’t seen her since this morning.” Y/N said confused at the other blonde’s absence.

“I know.” Aubrey spoke from behind the three.

“We’re not playing your games Aubrey.” Y/N said, tired of her games.

“Oh this isn’t a game.” She smirked as Lizzie soon glared at the brunette.

“Just tell us where she is.” Lizzie spoke with irritation lacing her voice.

“Why don’t you check underneath the bleachers. Colin told her he needed to talk to her.” She spoke with a smirk. The three soon ran, not knowing what they were going to be walking in on.

“Come on Scar, it’s always been you and me.” Colin said as Scarlett shook her head no.

“That used to work on me but it won’t. Not anymore.” She told him

“It’s because of him isn’t it.” He asked her as she just sighed.

“Chris is a part of my reasons.” She told him. “But I am so sick and tired of thus back and forth between us. You get bored of me and throw me to the side and find some other whore the get with, and then when you’re done with her, you come crawling back to me.” She told him. “I am not falling in your trap again. You and I are never going to happen again.” She finished as she tried to walk away from him.

“Come on Scar.” Colin spoke as he grabbed her wrist harshly. “You will come back to me. You always do.”

“Let go of me.” She tried to wriggle herself free from his grip, but he just tightened it. “Please let me go.” She pleaded as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. Neither seeing the other three running to them. Y/N was fast enough to push Colin off of her and on to the ground. Chris and Lizzie instantly checking on Scarlett. Once Chris saw the marks on Scarlett’s arms, he instantly dove onto Colin. Only Y/N holding him back.

“Come on Chris. He’s not worth it.” Y/N tried to reason with him.

“Come on Chrissie boy. Listen to the freak.” Colin sneered as he stood up. Smirking at the two. Y/N soon looked between Chris and the girls before she turned around herself to face him.

“You know, we were all just going to walk away from you.” Y/N told him before she started to step to him. Ignoring both Lizzie and Scarlett calling for the two. “But you hurt a friend of mine. Two in fact.”

“Y/N!” Lizzie said as she tried to pull her back. “He isn’t worth it.”

“Listen to your girl Y/N. She is the only one out of the three of you with any sense.” Colin smirked. “Although, I may have misjudged that with her being with you anyway.” With that, Lizzie was no longer able to hold Y/N back from jumping on him. Taking Chris to pull her away with the two girls following behind them.

“That was extremely stupid Y/N.” Lizzie scolded her as Y/N just scoffed.

“He’s lucky that that’s all he got.” Y/N told her.

“And you could go to prison for assault. You are 18. Now a legal adult.” Lizzie told her.

“He spoke shit about you. He marked Scarlett. He deserves more than what he got.” Y/N said before she walked away from the three of them. Needing to cool off before saying something she might regret. Of course the ride home was silent. No one spoke a word. Dropping both Scarlett and Chris off first before the two remained seated in the car outside of Lizzie’s.

“I need you to not be as reckless as you used to be Y/N.” Lizzie spoke softly. Y/N sighed looking down at her hands.

“I’m sorry.” Y/N started as she turned to look at Lizzie in the passenger seat. “I remember being the one who couldn’t fight back. The fear that consumes you is well it’s terrifying. Knowing that there isn’t anyone there to help you. I saw the marks on her skin and I flipped. I’m sorry Lizzie.”

“Just please don’t be so reckless Y/N. I would hate not seeing you everyday.” Lizzie whispered as she caressed Y/N’s cheek.

“Well that will be happening very soon.” Y/N chuckled as Lizzie just smiled softly.

“Well let’s make every moment until then count.” She told her softly before leaning over and kissing her softly before getting out of the car. Y/N watched as she walked up the path and the stairs to her front door. Disappearing from view before she decided to start her own journey home.

AN

Another chapter my dudes. Please let me know what you think. Three more chapters left guys.