9: Meeting

It has been a week since Y/N had the breakdown in Principle Hahn's office. But she had also arranged a meeting with Y/N's case worker. She had recieved all of her documents for fostering.

Y/N was at her locker when she saw Ms Hamilton walking beside Coach Hamilton. The two entered the Principle's office.

"Thank you for coming Ms Hamilton." Principle Hahn said as she motioned for her to take a seat as Coach Hamilton stood at the side.

"Why us Linda here?" Ms Hamilton asked about her sister's presence.

"She is here to mediate or be a silent witness to our meeting. She is the only one who can be partial to the sensitivity of the situation since she knows Y/N. She has been her coach since freshman year." Principle Hahn informed her. Ms Hamilton clenched her jaw. "So shall we?"

"Where is Y/N currently staying?" She asked as Principle Hahn who looked at her with a blank look.

"I don't know." Kathryn said as she straightened up. "I only keep tabs on her while she is on school grounds. After school she isn't my responsibility but I would like to change that."

"On what evidence do you have that she is being abused?" Sarah asked her as Linda scoffed. "What?"

"She came in last week the day after you contacted The Grant's beaten up. Her face was cut and bruised. Tell me is that the face of a kid who has a happy home." Linda yelled as Kathryn put a warning hand up to her.

"As Coach Hamilton was saying, we have known Y/N for almost four years and she masks her feelings. She doesn't open up to anyone. Not even her friends." Kathryn said as Sarah hummed.

"Maybe she could benefit from counselling." Sarah said as Linda chuckled dryly.

"Yes she can get some help from counselling but that doesn't erradicate the main issue here." Kathryn spoke assertively. "Her home life. She hasn't had a safe place she could call home all of her life. Yes I read the file you gave us when she enrolled her freshman year."

"So then you know she only has a couple of months before she is out of the system and on the streets." Sarah told her.

"That is why I asked for this meeting." Kathryn said. "I want to apply for full guardianship of Y/N Y/L/N. I have already filled out the forms. I have also spoke to Linda here about it."

"Have you spoke to Y/N about it?" Sarah said as she fixed her glasses on her nose. "This is all affecting her in the long run."

"I did. I also have her signature and consent forms." Kathryn smirked as Sarah looked over all of the papers.

"Well then. I guess I will take these to the office and get them noterised." She said as she stood, placing the paper in her briefcase. "You will hear from us within the next week." She said before she left the office. Both women sighed in relief.

"I know she is my sister but god do I hate her sometimes." Linda groaned as Kathryn chuckled.

"She is just doing what's best for Y/N." Kathryn reasoned as Linda shook her head.

"She isn't." She started. "Maybe when she started the job she had the kids best interests at heart but now. Now she is cold. Distant. Inhuman."

"She is your sister." Kathryn reminded her.

"Yeah she is." Linda agreed. "But I know her better than anyone. I remember how she used to cower in a corner because she was scared. Wondering what our guardians would do to us next."

With that she left the office. Needing to get to her safe place. But before she went to the gym, she went to Y/N's class.

"Can I steal Y/N?" She asked Mr Downey.

"Of course." He smiled as Y/N got her things together and quickly made her way out of the class. Following Coach Hamilton to the gym. To her office.

"Why am I here?" Y/N asked her as she sighed.

"I want to help you Y/N." Linda told her. "I see a lot of myself in you." She handed Y/N some gloves. "You are angry."

"No I'm not." Y/N chuckled as she strapped the gloves on.

"You are." Linda said as she got the pads on her hands. Holding up chest height. "You are angry that you have been dealt a short hand so early on in your life. And I just want this room to be a safe space for you." She patted the pads together. "Hit me."

Y/N started to throw light punches as Linda chuckled.

"Hit me like you mean. Like I am all of those people who have ruined your life." She yelled as Y/N's punches gotten stronger. "Scream. Let them know how they make you feel."

She watched as Y/N threw her punches. Getting harder with each one. A loud scream leaving her lungs. When she got tired she collapsed to her knees. Linda knelt down to her level.

"I want you to know you aren't alone. You don't have to keep everything inside. You can talk to me if you're comfortable. Or Principle Hahn because as much as you are a pain in my ass." The two chuckled lightly. "I do care about you kid." She wrapped her arms around her. Holding her as she calmed down.

AN

Another chapter. Sorry there was no Lizzie in this one but please let me know what you think