Chapter 48 (The Final Chapter)

Last time...

Goku: no time for that now. Right now, is our final battle. Are you ready?

Daikon: yeah!

Daikon and Goku give each other a handshake, but a crunch is heard.

Kaio-shin: was that...

Old Kai: YOU IDIOTS!!! YOU DESTROYED THE POTARA!!!

Daikon: that was on purpose.

Old Kai: ON PURPOSE?!

Goku: yeah. We're Saiyans after all. Our joy for battle is what keeps us going! So I'm sorry, but we'll fight without fusion. Now you guys better get to another planet!

Vegeta: hmph! Spoken like a true Saiyan!

Old Kai: You Saiyans never change!! You better not destroy my planet next!

The Kais and Dende teleport away, leaving Goku, Vegeta, and Daikon with Buu.

Goku: I call first!

Daikon: No! Rock paper scissors!

Goku: fine! Best out of three!

Daikon/Goku/Vegeta: Rock! Paper! Scissors! Rock! Paper! Scissors! Rock! Paper! Scissors!

Goku ends up winning.

Goku: YES! I WIN!

Vegeta: Tch!

Daikon: I always lose this stupid game! Next time it's first come first serve!

Goku: yeah yeah.

Goku walks up to Buu just to find out he's sleeping.

Goku: he's sleeping?!

Goku in anger powers up into a Super Saiyan 3.

Daikon: now, the final battle begins!!!

Now...

Goku and Buu stare at each other, waiting for the moment to strike. The silence is interrupted by Buu jumping towards Goku. Goku pulls his hands back and releases a Kamehameha at Buu, which erases part of him. Buu just regenerates, but Goku goes into the smoke and hammers Buu in the back of his head. Buu turns into a parachute and stops the fall. As Goku starts to charge at him, he sticks his leg into the ground, causing his foot to go through the ground and hit Goku's chin. Buu continues this same attack, but Goku backfliooaway from it. Before Goku could gain his ground, Buu shoots a beam towards him. He avoids this blast by using the instant transmission to teleport behind Buu and kicks his head. Buu bounces back and elbows Goku in the face. They both go up into the air and start to clash.

Meanwhile, Vegeta and Daikon are both watching on the side.

Vegeta: this is Super Saiyan 3 huh?

(Y/n): yeah. It really is amazing.

Vegeta: "..."

Vegeta silently stares at the battle as he thinks to himself.

Vegeta: 'Kakarot... You Really Are Amazing... I didn't stand a chance against majin buu... the only one who could fight him was you... i think i know why now... I know why i can't even come close to you... I thought it was because you had things that you wanted to protect... I thought that a strong will of yours TO protect brought you mysterious powers... but, i have that same desire now, and yet... i fight for my own reasons... for my own pleasure, to kill my opponents, and for my pride...'