Introduction/Disclaimers

I know this is the boring part of the book, so I'm just gonna say this really quick:

First of all, thank you for reading this book and giving it a chance. Kudos to you!

Second of all, I wrote a few disclaimers down below. I know no one enjoys reading those and many skip over them and that's fine. I just wanted to be sure copyright was clearly noted in case Tolkien comes back from the dead to drag my soul six feet under for not giving him the proper rights for my writing.

Lastly: I used the time line in the books and not from the movies. If you really want to get into it and do the counting, certain ages will be wrong; for example: Smaug attacked Erebor 2770, but Thorin was born 2741, which would make him 29 at the time of the attack. In other words: a little boy, and not a grown adult as shown in the movies. The timeline isn't noticeably wrong and you won't even notice it if you don't count the years back. I simply wanted to state this before I'm getting feedback about it from the readers <3

 I simply wanted to state this before I'm getting feedback about it from the readers <3

Further disclaimers (mainly copyright):

The OC in this book is called Raewyn. If you follow my Tumblr blog a bit, you might know Raewyn is the name of the main character of my not yet published (original) fantasy book. (She has now been renamed Aeryn). This is not the same Raewyn. I wrote this fanfic to try to deepen myself into her character and figure out how to make her behave and speak. It has truly worked, but you must know these two are not the same character.

Credits to title idea of the story go to The Fratellis. They have a song called Starcrossed Losers. It's not entirely like my own story, but it's similar in a few aspects.

Credits for storyline, existing characters, languages, planets, history and culture go to J.R.R Tolkien. In such are included:
-The basic Middle-Earth timeline
-Characters in canon such as Bilbo and Gandalf.
-Languages in canon like Sindarin and Khuzdul.
-Canon places (The Shire, Angmar, Erebor etc.)

Credit for my story line about the Ashas, non-canon characters, the Ashyr language and culture goes to me. Please do not use my ideas if you haven't gotten my permission. I spend a lot of time developing own stories, languages, characters and cultures and I wish for that to be respected.

Furthermore, this is a fanfic, which means not everything will be accurate. I try to make this as realistic as possible, but sometimes it's difficult to fit something in the story so I have to make things up. If you see something that doesn't make sense to you, call it the magic of fantasy and fanon.

Criticism is always welcome, and I cannot stress this enough. If you see a spelling mistakes or a grammatical error, or you find that a sentence could be better constructed otherwise, please comment on it and tell me what I did wrong and how I can fix it. Do no comment things like "this isn't how it's spelled" because I do not know how to correct it. Tell me how it should be so I could alter it.

Always feel free to comment, like, reblog or whatever! (For AO3, that is kudos, bookmarks, comments etc. And on Wattpad: comment and vote!) It encourages me to write more, knowing that people enjoy it. I read lots of Tolkien fanfics where the readers comment and really get into the story. I love seeing that so don't be afraid to leave something!