Chapter X

Raewyn just can't catch a break, can she?

Tw: Oh boy.... Angst, a lot of it. If you thought last chapter was bad, you're in for a wild ride. Use of 'shit' and 'fuck' (both of them used only once), more mentions/hints of PTSD, descriptive violence, injuries, stabbing etc. Mentions of blood and wounds, description of pain - mentally and physically -, Thorin being a bitch, but this might be his worst chapter I'll write about it so strap yourselves down for this one. Taunting of dead family members, Raewyn and Thorin nearly fighting, emotional exhaustion, Bilbo being a bit ooc (he's very confident). Bitewound, arrow wound, one (1) cute Raeli moment if you squint (Raeli shipname won. It's canon now). Kili being clumsy. Mention of arachnophobia (fear of spiders).

———

———

The dwarves scurried around, reaching for their weapons as Gandalf held the attention of the goblins. "He wields the Foe-Hammer. The Beater, bright as daylight!" The Goblin King exclaimed, frightened of the sword the grew wizard now held. Raewyn looked down at her hand, which had now begun to bleed, the bite of the goblin settling into her system.

"Shit." She hissed, inspecting the wound, which would leave a disgusting mark without a doubt. Kili looked at the woman, hesitation filling his face, before running away. Fili knelt down next to her, offering her his arm.

"I thought you told me to stay down." She shot at him, accepting his arm nonetheless. "I know." Fili agreed. "But I do not think we are meant to stay here for the night."

Fili clumsily helped Raewyn onto her feet, dragging her into his side as her leg now left her completely incapable of any form of support. Gandalf ran over to the two, concern written on his face, inspecting the injured woman.

"I leave for seven days." He managed to speak. "Educate me later." Raewyn interrupted, resting her hand on the wizard's shoulder in assurance, though she quickly took it back upon noticing the red stain it left on his cloak.

Just then, Kili appeared back in sight, carrying his own weapons, Raewyn's sword bound around his back as his arms held her daggers. He shot Fili a silent look, gesturing towards the daggers. Wordlessly, Fili turned to the ranger in his arms, almost as if asking permission.

She let out a sigh, nodding at the blond haired dwarf. Gandalf helped Raewyn out of Fili's arm, gently grabbing her arms as he held her steady. Kili handed the Asha's knives to his brother, before running up to the young woman, his eyes set on her hand.

"Lead them, Gandalf." She commanded, pushing herself out of the pilgrim's arm, who was not keen on letting her walk around like that. "You know the exit. You must lead the group. I will follow."

Gandalf knew better than to argue with the woman, and even though he knew she desperately needed help, he knew she was right. He had to lead the company out or they would never escape. So, with a reluctant nod he walked towards the dwarves, ushering them out.