Chapter XI

Thorin tried to fight off Azog and ended up unconsious? Cool. Raewyn threw him off his warg with a literal hole in her hand. Pick your icon.

Tw: Mentions of blood, arrow wounds, hole in a hand. Description of pain and losing consciousness. The whole Azog confrontation scene, so falling trees, wargs, orcs etc. Small mention/description of trauma and PTSD. Ends kind of fluffy???

For the orcish that was not canon: I used a dark speech translator. I am aware that this is not the perfect translator and that it is not exactly correct, but I could not find anything better after 30 minutes, so enjoy it.

———

———

The group of dwarves began to rush forward. Raewyn remained at Bilbo's side for the time. After her earlier debacle with Thorin, she could not be sure about how safe she would be with the rest of the company. Of course, Fili and Kili had stood up for her, but they were still Thorin's kin. And she practically just told him to die. So she was not in the most fortunate position.

"What happened?" Bilbo asked through the pants, having trouble catching up with the ranger, even as she could barely walk.

"Goblins." She answered, her voice void of emotion, as if too much had spilled out.

Bilbo let out a confused, yet worried 'ahhh'. He noticed how she was struggling, but it might not have been the perfect timing to stop in the middle of the road to talk about it. They needed to move. And they needed to do it quickly.

Dwarves ran past the duo, nearly pushing both of them over. Raewyn had nearly fell down when someone - rather rudely - shoved her to the side. Had it not been for the sudden arm around her waist, she would have been a nice warg meal.

She turned her head towards the owner of the hand, her eyes widening as she noticed Kili yet again. "Surprised to see me?" He teased.

Raewyn merely hummed at his words, no longer feeling the energy to talk back or interact with anyone or anything at the moment. Kili, obviously, knew better than to continue asking anything, but he could not help but feel guilty for the poor woman. He truly had no idea what his uncle did to make her hate him so much, but by the looks of it, it seemed serious. He had never seen Raewyn cry. And he might have only known her for a couple weeks, but he was quick to make out that she wasn't one for crying in public. Or perhaps crying in general.

Maybe she barely even expressed any emotion besides anger and annoyance. He could not tell until only a few minutes earlier. And it truly did break his heart. Not only because she was in obvious pain, but because he could not do anything about it. He had no knowledge about the subject. He was forced to see her suffer without being able to say anything about it. And he would make sure to not see that happen any time soon.