Chapter XIII

Beorn and Raewyn's father were besties. Confirmed.

Tw: Mentions of blood and wounds. Description of pain and PTSD (of course). Slight angst; Raewyn is scared to look at Kili. Raewyn being distrusting towards Beorn. None else??? Decided to slow down on the angst because you deserved it <3

———

———

"Give the poor woman some space." Someone scolded, murmurs sounding around the person.

"Is she dead?" A second voice followed, awfully close to the unconscious Asha.

"No, master dwarf. She merely fainted." A third, old voice sighed, a warm hand on Raewyn's forehead followed after the speech.

"She looks extremely pale." Another dwarf noted.

"Don't crowd her." The same old voice declared.

"Should Oin not handle this?"

"He is a wizard." Someone pointed out.

Raewyn could hear the voices around her, yet somehow, she could not yet bring herself to open her eyes. The nagging and muttering of the dwarves echoed through her head, but she could not speak back. It was as if her senses had been awake, only her body had yet to follow. And, perhaps, in a way, that had been true.

"What happened?" A new, deeper voice had spoken up.

"Will you shove off?" Now sounded, followed by the shuffling of feet, obviously being that of someone who had nearly been pushed over. Raewyn could immediately tell it had not been spoken towards the earlier person.

"Gandalf, when will she wake up?"

"Be silent." Gandalf, or what she had assumed to be Gandalf, now hissed. Still, he sounded as patient as he always had.

Slowly, her body began, to wake up. Through her eyelids, Raewyn began to see the warm light the room had been filled with. An occasional shadow would hang over her sight, but it went as quick as it came. Closely after her sight began to resurface, so did the stinging pain in her leg. Her hand had appeared nothing but numb and heavy, and although it had been bothering her, it was nothing compared to the searing hot pain in her thigh.

Though she could not quite express her pain yet, Gandalf had begun to notice her slight movement, immediately resting his hand on top of the wound. It was so gentle that it seemed as if it was nothing more than the ghost of a touch.

Whatever he had been doing, it appeared to work, for the pain slowly, but surely began to subside, leaving nothing but an annoying jabbing on her skin.

"Should we concerned about the giant bear outside?" Someone spoke up, fear evident in his voice. Multiple grunts of agreement were heard, but it was obvious half of the dwarves had begun to grow silent.