Chapter XXX

Raewyn finds out Kili is the best option she has for anger management and she turns into an actual dwarf

Tw: A chapter being released a literal month and a half too late (oops), Raeli my beloveds. Raewyn has a short anxiety attack, but it's very mild; blink and you'll miss it. Thorin being a bitch even though he doesn't have lines this chapter. Bittersweet moments.

———

———

"Raewyn!" Fili called through the halls, in search of his friend that had long left the throne room.

The ranger had already been moving back towards the gates, smoke practically shooting out of her ears. Would it have been possible, she'd be glowing in absolute rage and annoyance. Even Ori, who had seen her walking from a distance, had turned around sharply, waiting to cross the halls.

"Raewyn!" The blond dwarf repeated, running up to her figure, panting heavily. "Wait!"

"What, Fili?" She hissed, abruptly coming to a halt as she spun on her heels.

Fili sighed heavily, trying to gather his breath as he kept one hand on his side.

"The orcs," He started, "Are they coming?"

Frowning at him in disbelief, the ranger shook her head, ultimately letting out a mocking laugh. "Are you suggesting I was lying?"

Reaching for the pouch on her belt, she slowly halted her chuckle. "I have the letter right here, Gandalf sent it to me." She explained, shoving the crumpled paper into Fili's hands.

"So what will you do?" She questioned, letting him read the letter carefully.

The dwarf let his eyes scan the words as he sought a proper action, or anything to help the kingdom.

"I will fight," He finally mumbled. "We must fight. We have to protect Erebor!"

"I do not care, Fili!" Raewyn shouted at him, her frustration having been pend up too much now. "I will not sit here to defend this stupid, forsaken mountain, just so your delusional king can keep his throne!" Pointing towards the hall, she gave the dwarf a disappointed look.

"I won't do it. I'm leading a party to safety and that's it."

"And shall the mountain fall?" Fili prodded, his eyebrows furrowing together in worry.

"So be it!" The ranger exclaimed exasperatedly. "I am done with Erebor. I am done with your idiot uncle, I am done with dwarves, and I am done with fighting for things I do not want to be fighting for!"

And with her words, Raewyn resumed her path towards the gates, ready to leave the mountain once more. With pleading eyes, Fili ran after her, tugging on her arm sharply.