Chapter XXXIV

Legolas picks beef with an ancient wizard (it was not a wise decision)

Tw: Not proofread. Violence, blood, lots and lots of emotions. Raewyn cries. I can't part Raewyn and Bilbo I'm so sorry. Legolas slander, mentions/descriptions of anxiety and fears, unresolved tension, angssttttt

———

———

Raewyn was not one to lose hope quickly. She lost her home, her family, her heroes, her respect and her status. But she had never lost hope. Gandalf had taught her the most important thing anyone could possess was a bright outlook on the future; to believe that everything will work out the way you intended. But having found herself in the midst of the desperate shield Dain's army set up in front of Erebor made her lose hope. The armies of the orcs was too large, and the thought of being slaughtered by orcs had not been a comfortable thought.

Over the plains, she could hear Azog's voice again, calling out to his army as they neared the dwarves. Large trolls made their ways through the orcish crowds, causign multiple dwarves to swallow thickly, under which Raewyn.

Then, the horn sounded. A dreadful sound filled the field as the trolls slowly began marching. The orcs followed them sternly, in line, yet as chaotic as they act. Raewyn shot one final look to Dain, nodding her head to him in acknowledgement and respect. One he returned.

The dwarves readied their weapons, as stadfast as they always were. That was, until a second horn sounded. This one nearer than the first one. Turning around at the sound, Raewyn spotted Bombur on top of the gates of Erebor, a large horn in his hand.

From Laketown, Bilbo's head shot up at the moment the first horn was sounded, but it wasn't until the second one that he realised what was happening. The hobbit and the wizard shared one look before the shorter creature called out.

"Thorin!"

In their confusion to the second horn, the orcs stopped moving. Slowly at first, but then quicker, the barricade of rocks the dwarves had build up days prior came barreling down. Then, a large gold statue smashed against the inside of the gates, knocking the entire barricade down. Smoke appeared from where the rocks had crashed down, before figures began to rise out of that smoke.

Thirteen dwarves came running out, their weapons held high as they shouted proudly. Dain looked around grinning, raising his weapon as his kin had done, he begun shouting too: "To the king! To the king!"

"Du Bekâr!" Thorin shouted, running up front. The other dwarves formed a line behind him, smashing the orcs that they came across as the dwarven army continued their attack.