Chapter XXI

Swifties spot the Cowboy Like Me reference challenge

Tw: Alcohol, drinking games, mentions of getting drunk and being tipsy. Alfrid, ew. More Raeli. Kili is insecure, dancing. Mentions of pain and fatigue. Fluff turned angst.

———

———

Loud talking and cheering was heard throughout the halls of the city hall of Laketown. Liquor and ale spilled over the floor as men and women were seen dancing and singing. Though many of the dwarves had managed to get themselves in quite the drinking games themselves, half of them sat in the distance, talking amongst themselves. Surprisingly, Raewyn was found at the table with Bofur, Nori, and Gloin, having some sort of drinking competition, empty cups thrown around them.

"Yer a good lass, Asha." Gloin burped, after all four of them downed yet another ale. "When we first met, I could have had your neck for what your father did, but yer not half as bad as they say."

"You know she's standing with us, right?" Nori asked, throwing a teasing side-eye to the red-haired dwarf.

"Aye, but she won't remember it tomorrow morning." He laughed off, slamming his fist on the table in humor. Both Bofur and Nori joined the laughter, shaking their heads as they wiped away their tears, as if it had been the joke of the century.

"I'm not drunk." Raewyn smiled, gesturing towards the empty cups in front of her. All laughter ceased immediately, looking at the woman in wonder. "Part dwarf." She shrugged off, standing up with a proud stance.

"I'm not drunk either." Gloin proclaimed, standing up as well, though stumbling slightly.

"Me neither!" Bofur defended, rising to his feet as well.

"I'm not drunk!" Nori joined, though the dwarf fell over the second his figure left the chair.

Bofur looked down at the cups on the table, silencing doing the math in his head, though the gears in his head took longer to turn.

"Five pints!" He then exclaimed suddenly, another laugh ripping from his throat.

"Five!" Gloin repeated, looking down at the fallen dwarf, who was out cold. "I'm never going to let him live that down."

Raewyn chuckled at his words, sitting down once more, now having made her point.

"Aren't you even the tiniest bit..." Bofur trailed off, following the woman's actions.

The ranger turned her head towards him, raising her shoulders lightly. "Perhaps a little tipsy, but I could still fight Smaug would the occasion arise."

"Well, I couldn't." Bofur grinned, holding his hand up as he gestured for three more pints. "But I wouldn't fight him when I was sober either."

Once more, Gloin burst out laughing, falling down onto his seat. "Yer crazy for fighting him." He choked out.