Prologue

Raewyn Asha, ranger of the west, servant of the equal people, apprentice of the grey wizard, daughter of Raegon Asha of the Clan of Six, and protector of a hobbit who is supposedly stealing from a 426 feet dragon.

tw: /

———

———

Far to the west coast, below the Blue Mountains, lay the forest of Eryn Vorn. Of old this place was known as the Dark Wood; A place where the Númenóreans used to get their wood from, out of greed for shipbuilding timber. Long has the demolition lasted, until Sauron, lord of Mordor, came into war with the Northern half of Middle-Earth. He nearly wiped out the entirety of Eryn Vorn, leaving naught but ashes, smoke and corpses behind. A small remainder of green rested just on the border of land and water, unbeknownst to Sauron, granting life back to their fallen brothers. Many natives of the woodland had fled across Eriador, seeking shelter and homage in small towns like Bree. Yet, a small family of only five, remained hidden in the last parts of the forest. It wasn't until Sauron was defeated, that the descendants of the family left Eryn Vorn. They started traveling around Middle-Earth, not settling in one spot in fear of being attacked again.

A few hundred years the family lived safe again, no longer afraid of outer attacks. That was, until they decided to make camp north of Greenwood one night. All went well, until wind suddenly started to pick up. The dark sky had appeared warmer than it did the night before, and that was rare in the midst of the mountains. A terrible roar was heard far beyond them, yet they knew that running away was no longer an option. They were aware that they would be burned to crisps before they could reach solid ground again. In sheer panic, they began to hide. The women and children first, occupying the best spots, assuring themselves not to be seen by the creature. A group of six had been busy hunting a meal, but the moment the desperate shouts and cries of their kin echoed across the valley, they knew better than to go back to camp. The creature above them had not yet seen them, and the six were desperate on keeping it that way. They hid themselves among the trees, keeping each other as quiet as they could. It wasn't until sunrise that they came out of their hiding. Once returned to their fallen family members, they brought them back to Eryn Vorn, burying their bodies amongst their ancestors, blessing them a way to the afterlife.

The group remaining now only traveled Eriador, providing safety and assurance to those who did not possess it. The creatures in Hobbiton now had their own protectors. Without bothering the smaller creatures, the Clan of Six rode along the borders of the Shire, scurrying off suspicious travellers and beings with no peace in their name.

Word of the clan of six traveled fast, not only passing through the ears of elves and men, but also through the ears of orcs and goblins. Many wondered why a family such as theirs, would protect creatures with no power, name, or land, who could not harm a rabbit would they want to. Orcs from Gundabad rode out for the family, knowing they would gain power once other races heard it were the orcs who destroyed the infamous clan. Even so, before the orcs could arrive, word reached Gandalf. He, who had helped the clan carrying their deceased family members back to their homeland. He knew the clan well and would never wish anything ill upon them. As quick as the grey wizard could, he traveled through Eriador, trying to reach the family on time. Yet, when he arrived, the orcs had already begun their attack. Gandalf hunted them off, knowing there was nothing left to do for the clan. In front of his eyes, the Six drew their last breaths. He had expected it, yet it did not soften the blow. What he had not expected, whatsoever, was for a young girl, who could not be older than the human age of fifteen, to appear out of the bushes, running towards a fallen man. It was the daughter of Raegon Asha, who had provided his family with safety. Out of respect for the clan, he took the little girl under his wing, promising to not let her go until she had reached a mature age.