Chapter IX

Prince Princey McBroodypants and Maiden Mysterious find out they are being hunted.

Tw: AHAHHAHA PAINNN, goblins, mention of violence and blood, someone is shot with an arrow, description of pain and being shot, vague mentions of traumatic memories, a Kili fluff moment???? I think???

———

———

Rest had finally settled amonst the company. Raewyn had found her spot on a rock, sitting down on top of it. At the moment, she could not care less for the company. Sure, they had grown on her, but lots of them had still been distant. She might have cared for about four, maybe five dwarves, but that had been it. Bilbo would be fine for the night, she knew that much.

Yet, an uninvited worry still gnawed at the back of her head. She knew these mountains were crawled with goblins; it had been wildly known. She met them on multiple occasions even, but she did not know where safety would be and where there should be need for panic. Goblins were not smart enough for traps, she kept ensuring herself, but she knew what Goblintown looked like. She knew they had their fair share of knowledge about architecture and infrastructure. A million thoughts ran through her head, but she was rudely interrupted when she heard something behind her.

She quickly turned around, thinking it had been something dangerous, but when she came face to face with a spooked Bilbo, she sighed.

"You should be sleeping." You spoke, looking back towards the empty sky outside. "And you should be on first guard, not full guard." Bilbo returned. "You know what Thorin is like. He just said first watch to make himself feel good." Raewyn scoffed, a silent yawn escaping her mouth afterwards.

"Why are you awake?" The ranger wondered, still not looking at Bilbo. He was quiet for a while, and Raewyn started contemplating whether he had even been awake or not. Maybe her mind was playing tricks on her.

"I'm going back." She heard Bilbo speak, who was now walking towards the archway. Instantaneously, the woman stood up, blocking the entrance. "What?"

"I'm going back to Rivendell." He elaborated.

"Yes, I heard that." She pointed out. "Why?"

"Thorin said I should never have come, and he was right. I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins. I don't know what I was thinking. I should have never ran out of my door." Bilbo ranted, to which Raewyn sighed.

"You're leaving because of Thorin?" Raewyn asked offended. "Thorin says a lot of things, but you're not supposed to listen to him."

"We are, though." The hobbit objected. "He's the leader of this company. It kind of comes with the role." He explained.

The woman frowned at his words, yet tried to keep on her kind face. "You want to go home, and I understand that, but-" "How can you?" Bilbo interjected. "You never had the comforts of a home. You tell me it's people, but it's a place. You can't understand that, Raewyn."