Chapter 42

~3 months later~

Mallory's POV-

I had just finished washing dishes when I noticed that Hunter had been downstairs for a while. I assumed that he was hungry since he hasn't ate since this morning, and it's almost six in the evening now. He's working really hard on a song, and he told me this morning that he's almost done with it.

I look in the fridge and freezer to see if there's anything he likes that I could make him. I decide on making him a mini frozen pizza.

I take the plastic off of it and put it in the oven and set a timer for fifteen minutes. When it's ready I take it out and cut it into four pieces before sliding it onto a plate.

I pour him a glass of Pepsi and take it downstairs to his studio. When I walk in he's on his computer until he's notices I'm in the room with him.

"Hey, beautiful." He smiles.

"Hi. I made you a pizza," I say putting his meal down in front of him.

"Thank you, angel." He says before saying his blessing and begins to eat.

Alex starts crying and Hunter offers to go up and get him, but I tell him to finish eating.

Hunter's POV-

After I finish the Pizza that Mallory made me, I put my headphones over my ears and listen to my new song that I wrote about Mallory and Alex, called "Forever and Always".

Mallory walked in right when I finished recording it, so I was glad that she didn't hear any of it because I wanted it to be a surprise.

While Mallory went upstairs to tend to Alex, I took my glass and plate upstairs to the kitchen. I noticed that the dishes had already been washed by her, so I washed my used ones so she wouldn't have to.

I was leaving for tour in a few weeks, and I was really excited because Mallory and Alex was coming with me.

Soon enough, me and Mallory were tired so we got ready for bed and I put my arm around her waist like I do every night.

"Goodnight Mal, I love you." I whisper.

"I love you more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning around nine and noticed Mallory wasn't beside of me. I heard soft cries from Alex so I got out of bed and slowly walked into his room. I heard Mallory singing to him. It was the first time I've ever heard her sing. Of course I've heard her sing in the car, but it was the purposely off-key singing.

Alex stopped crying and she kissed his little head and laid him back down in his crib.

When she turned around she jumped a little when she saw me.

"I didn't mean to scare you," I whisper.

"It's okay," she smiles softly.

"Mal, you HAVE to sing with me on the tour!"

"I don't know about that," she says shyly.

"Mallory, you sound like an angel when you sing. The Hayniacs need to hear you. You could have a music career! I mean, you can play piano so you can write songs, and you sing so beautifully, and..."

"Wow," Mallory giggles quietly, "you're getting really excited about this."

She walks by me and I follow her back to our bedroom, "Please, Mal? Please please please...."

"Okay! I'll sing with you on tour!"

"Really?!" I asked surprised.

"Yes! If it makes you happy, I'll sing with you on tour," she smiles.

"Thank you so much! I love you." I hug her.

She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck and gives me a quick kiss on the lips, "I love you more."

(Idea Credits: @king_porter1)