Chapter 35

Mallory's POV-

I start to worry, and then it goes away, and then it comes back. I have no idea what to do.

I look at the clock on my phone and see Hunter won't be home for another hour and a half.

I grab my keys from the counter and run out the door to my car. Once I'm in it, I go to the closest pharmacy store there is.

I quickly grab 5 boxes of the tests, but not the same kind. They're each different types.

I get home about 15 minutes later and walk to the bathroom, carefully opening one of the boxes.

After using the first one, I see the result. It comes back negative.

I open the second one taking it too. It comes back positive.

Okay then, that's weird.

I take the other three and and one of them is negative and the other two are positive.

These things are confusing, so I throw them away and just go to the Doctor instead.

Not too long after, I know the truth.

I walk outside and get in my car. I check the time and see Hunter will be home any minute.

Hunter's POV-

I get home to see Mallory's not at home. I see her car is gone, so I don't worry about her. She's probably gone to the store.

After using the bathroom, I start washing my hands in the sink. I pull a paper towel from the rack and dry my hands.

I start to throw the towel away and see boxes in the trash can. I look at them and read what they are.

And that's when I know Mallory's not at the store. She's at the Doctor's office.