Chapter 12

Hunter's POV

My life is a wreck right now. The past months have been miserable ever since Mallory broke up with me. I'm staying at my parents' house now, and I'm going back to Tennessee tomorrow to get ready to go to Japan for a few shows. A lot of times, I'll be driving or walking down the street and I see Mallory and Aaron with their fingers linked together. Their hands swinging while they laugh and have fun together.

We use to do that.

I can't stand the sight of seeing her with someone else. I haven't tried to move on, and I won't because I know I can't. I just want her to come back. All I can do is wait in case she decides to come back.

One day, I was just walking down the sidewalk beside the street when I hear my named called from behind me.

"Hunter!"

I keep walking and ignoring whoever it is. They finally catch up to me and grab my shoulder making me stop in my tracks. When I turn to see who it is, I notice that Raelynn is the one trying to get my attention.

Not today.

"What exactly do you want?" I ask.

"I heard you and Mallory broke up. I'm sorry."

I turn around and keep walking.

"Hunter, wait!"

I turn around again. "What is it?!" I yell.

"I was going to tell you that I'm here if you need someone to talk to."

"You're the last person I'd talk to about my problems."

When I turn to start walking for the third time, she starts walking beside of me. I don't feel like yelling again, so I just act like she's not there.

"What happened?" She asks softly.

"She fell in love with Aaron." I look down and kick some rocks away from the sidewalk.

She looks away for a few seconds, then looks back at me. "Sorry."

Is she actually trying to be nice?

"I would say it's okay, but it's not." I sigh.

She takes my hand in hers and locks her fingers with mine, the same way Mallory use to do. I stop walking and give her a confused look.

Mallory's POV

I'm walking down the street holding hands with Aaron while he tells me funny stories that's happened to him. While walking I look to my left and stop, staring in shock. I see Hunter holding hands, with Raelynn. It's just something about the way he looks at her that makes me feel funny.

"Are you okay?" Aaron asks me. He looks and finds what I'm staring at. From the corner of my eye I see him smirking slightly, but when I turn to look at him, his mouth goes in a straight line.

"It will be okay." He reassures me.

I nod and we keep walking. But will it really be okay?