Chapter 30

Mallory’s POV-

Now that we’re in Breaux Bridge, I’m starting to get my memory back. I remember growing up here. Lynette is showing me pictures that Hunter didn’t have, and it’s helping a lot. I actually remembered Lynette. I remember a few things about Leo, but not as much as Lynette.

Hunter takes me to see my parents, and I remember them of course. My older sister, Madison, that moved to Florida a while back is here. I haven’t seen her in two years so it was fun to have a little of a family reunion. I don’t know why she left though. She wouldn’t tell me. But something was bothering her.

Me, Madison, Hunter, and our friend Luke went to take a walk around Breaux Bridge. My memory started coming back even more, since Hunter and Madison had reminded me of some things.

We were sitting at a 4 chaired table near the park eating ice cream. Madison seems to be having a lot of fun with Luke. I don’t know what’s going on with those two.

“Someone’s in looove,” Hunter whispered in my ear and I giggle.

“What is it?” Madison asks.

“Nothing,” I smile and continue to eat my ice cream.

“Just watching you two drool over each other,” Hunter states and sits up straight and I giggle again.

“Shut up, Easton,” Luke says playfully, “we’re only friends.”

“Are you sure it’s not more than that?” I ask, moving my eyebrows up and down, looking back and forth at both of them.

“POSITIVE!” Madison says.

“Okay, then.”

We walk back to Leo and Lynette’s house and see that she has made us dinner.

“I know that smell,” I say silently, smelling around the room. When I look up I see Hunter and Luke running towards the dinner table and Madison is ahead of them in the ‘race’.

I walk over to them with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. When I get there, I see Luke and Madison beside of each other on one side of the table, and Hunter sitting alone with an open chair beside of him. I sit in it and watch them all eat their Gumbo like wild animals.

“How could I forget? Of course you guys would act like this about Gumbo.” I say. Lynette brings me a bowl after she gets some food put in it.

“Can you blame us?” Hunter asks.

I take a bite and remember the taste, “NO!”

~

“Are you sure you guys don’t want to go with us?” Hunter asks his parents.

“We’re sure. You kids go have fun.” Leo smiles.

“We aren’t kids now,” I laugh.

Leo and Lynette only smiles in response, and off we go to the movie theatre.

We go in the theatre and watch some new romance movie. I sit in between Hunter and Madison, and Luke sits on the other side of Madison. We’re in the middle section of the theatre. When we hear the voice on the movie screen say to turn off our phones, I start to turn mine off until I get a text.

I look at the screen. It’s a text from Aaron. Aaron? Who’s Aaron? I read the text and give my phone a confused look. 'Having fun at the movies?’ is what the message says. Who is Aaron and how does he know where I am? I look at Hunter, and he shrugs and gives me the same look, wanting to know whats going on.

I hold up my phone to him and reads it. I see anger in his eyes, but I still don’t remember who ‘Aaron’ is. He starts to look around the large room, and I do the same.

When my eyes go to the right side of the room, I see a hand motioning for me to look at them. Even though it’s dark, I can still see that person’s face.

He gives me a smirk and I give him a confused look. I look closely, and that’s when I remember. I remember screaming at him, I remember getting shot.

"YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT AARON!” I yell and feel pain in my upper body before falling to the floor.

And then the ‘apology’.

“Can we be friends again?” he asks.

“No,” I say.

“I’ve changed. I promise.”

I remember everything that happened between us. The plan, the beating, the fight between him and Hunter. I can’t stand to even look at him.

“Hunter, we need to leave now.” I whisper.

“Why?” he asks.

I point to Aaron and he nods angrily. “Tell Madison and Luke.”

I nod and whisper to them the same thing I whispered to Hunter. They’re oblivious about the Aaron situation. But they stand up and Luke grabs Madison’s hand and runs with her out of the theatre. Hunter does the same to me.

We get in the parking lot and we’re still running since our vehicle is all the way across the parking lot. Luke pulls Madison in the back seat with him and Hunter picks me up and puts me in the passenger seat. I look behind me and see Aaron close behind. Hunter gets in the driver’s seat and speeds down the hallway.

“He’s hurt you too many times,” Hunter whispers to me and squeezes my hand, “I’m not gonna let him hurt you. Ever again.”

A/N: HAII

So there isn’t many characters in this story, so I had an idea that you guys could be a character too! Like, if you have an OC, or you want to make up a character or something, then you can comment on this chapter, or on my message board, and tell me their name, what they look like, how they know one of the characters so far, just details about them, and I’ll use them in this story! Have a great day! I love you guys. :)