Chapter 44

Hunter's POV-

I wake up and I find myself in a hospital. I don't know what happened, I can't remember much.

"Hunter?" I hear someone say. I look over and see a blonde girl holding a baby to her chest.

I look at her with confusion. I know who she is... I've seen her before. She starts talking to me again.

"Hunter... It's me, Mallory. Do you remember me?"

I think about it for a minute or two. Then I see her wedding ring. I remember a wedding. I think it was mine. I look down and see a wedding ring on my finger.

I look at her arms and see scars on them, and I remember a plane crash.

But I don't remember her.

"Do you remember me?" She asks, tears starting in her eyes.

"I'm not sure," I state. "Are you my wife?"

She nods in response. She looks down at the baby she's holding, and gently puts him in my arms.

I look down at him and I instantly remember who is he.

"Do you remember him?" Mallory asks.

"Yes. He's my son. Alex."

She nods and smiles, and I continue to look down at Alex.

"I'll get a doctor," Mallory states and gets up to leave the room.

She returns with a doctor a few minutes later and she starts to test my memory.

"Do you know your name?" The doctor asks, "First, middle, and last."

"My name is..." I pause and think. "Hunter... Easton Hayes?"

She nods and smiles at me, "When is your birthday? Month, date, and year."

It's not hard for me to remember that one, "The ninth of September, in nineteen ninety-one."

She looks over at Mallory, as if asking if I answered correctly, and Mallory nods.

"Okay, Hunter," the doctor says. I pass Alex back to Mallory while I wait for the next question. "What is your occupation?"

"Singer-Songwriter," I say, "signed to Atlantic Records."

She continues with questions and I answer most of them right. However, some of them I couldn't remember. One of them, asking if I remembered Mallory.

The doctor says that I should have my memory back within a month.

I can't help but stare at Mallory, seeing how beautiful she is. And I'm lucky that she's my wife. Because even if I can't remember much now, I know one thing is for sure.

I'm still in love with Mallory.

(Idea Credits: @king_porter1)

Author's note:

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while! No more of that! I'm not going to make you wait a long time for the rest of the book.

Just a few things you might want to know!

I am co-writing a book with @king_porter1!

It's posted now if you want to check it out! It's called "What She Does to Me". It's about a boy named Max and a girl named Brie!

Max is Hunter Hayes and Brie is Jax from American Idol. I only write Brie's POV though!

Also, I'm currently working on a fanfiction with two of my friends, Kristina and Ali! It will be up within the next few weeks!

No, this fanfiction is not a Hunter Hayes fanfiction. It's a fanfiction/love story about Michael Simeon and Jax who was on the recent season, (season 14), of American Idol! (#MAX is one of my OTP's! *insert heart-eyes emoji*)

Anyways, that's all for now my loves! I'll update soon!! No more having to wait weeks! :)