Chapter 21

Hunter's POV-

"So, Mallory..." I say.

"Yeah?"

"We've been engaged for a few months. When do you want to start planning our wedding?" I ask, hoping she would say soon.

She looks like she's thinking, "I'm ready when you are." She looks back down at her book and continues reading.

"How about tomorrow?" 

She looks up and smiles, "sounds good."

Hopefully this will take her mind off of everything going on. Something's been off about her and I'm not sure what it is.

Her eyes have been darker, and she doesn't smile as often as she use too. I pull the chair out beside of her and turn it so I'm facing her.

"What's bothering you?" I ask. When she looks up, I look into her eyes and see that they're a little brighter.

"What do you mean?" She asks smiling.

"You've just been... Off lately. Like you're deep in your thoughts or something."

"I'm just stressed from work and everything," she says giving me a small smile, "other than that everything's fine."

Some part of me believes her, but one part doesn't.

"Okay," is all I say before standing up and kissing her head.

The next day, we meet up with the woman — Julie — who is helping us plan our wedding.

After we went home, we went straight to bed. Her eyes are dark again. What's going on?

"Something's bothering you, and I know it's more than just your job." I say. 

She sighs and looks down at her feet, "you're right."

"Well, tell me please, what's wrong?" 

"Hunter.... I'm..."

A/N: HAJXJSJXNS CLIFFHANGER. First one so far, right? I'll update again tomorrow for not updating in a while. I LOVE YU GUISE \|/