Chapter 16

~3 Months Later~

Mallory's POV-

"Okay. Bye." I hear Aaron say before he hangs up the phone. I smile at him. "Who was that?"

"Raelynn." He says.

I nod slowly. "I think I'll go see her today, to see how her and Hunter are."

"They're together?"

"Pretty sure. She said she was gonna ask him."

"Okay, well I'll see you later." He says and kisses my cheek. I walk out the door and go to Raelynn's house. I knock on the door and she lets me in.

"So... You and Hunter?" I ask.

She shakes her head slowly. "He said no."

"Sorry." I say and she nods.

"We should watch a movie." She says.

"Oh, I can't. I've gotta get home."

"Oh ok." She fake pouts.

"See you later."

When I get home, I see that Aaron's gone. I don't question it though. When I walk into the house I see he left his phone on the couch. When I set my phone down, I see his light up and vibrate. It's a text from Raelynn.

Aren't you glad the plan worked? You have Mallory now :)

What plan?

I sit his phone down and sit on the couch waiting for Aaron to get back. So him and Raelynn had a plan.

He walks in the front door and sits beside of me, giving me a kiss on the lips.

"So what's this plan you've got going on?" I ask.

"What?"

"Oh, don't deny it. You and Raelynn had a plan so you could be with me?"

"No," he shakes his head in denial, scrunching his eyebrows together.

"Then why would Raelynn text you this?" I ask, showing him the text she sent him.

He doesn't answer.

"TELL ME!" I yell standing up. "If you really loved me, you wouldn't need a plan to get me. What's going on?"

"I can explain." He says.

"Well you better start explaining right now!"

"Don't tell me what to do!" He yells and I feel his hand slap my face.

Hunter's POV-

"Hunter!" someone yells behind me.

I turn around and see a familiar blonde girl running towards me.

"Ariana?"

"Hunter!" She tries to catch her breath. "I've got to tell you something."

"What about?"

"Aaron and Mallory."

"Yeah, they're engaged. I know."

"That's not what I was going to tell you." I give her a confused look. "I should have told you sooner."

"What..?"

"Aaron and Raelynn had a plan."

"A plan?"

"Yes. Raelynn told Aaron to make Mallory think he's changed so he could get her, so Raelynn can have you!"

"What?!"

"Yeah."

"I've gotta tell her!" I say making my way past Ariana and run to my car, driving as fast as I can.

Mallory's POV-

"Aaron, stop it!" I yell, pushing him away from me. He grabs me and slams me against the wall. I try running towards my phone to call someone, but he grabs me from behind.

He punches me multiple times and I try punching him back, but he keeps grabbing my wrists keeping me from doing so, and keeps hitting me.

"Get off of her!" I hear a Cajun accent say. I look up and see Hunter running towards Aaron.

He pulls Aaron off of me and begins punching him. I watch something I've never seen Hunter do before, but it's hard to see through the blurry vision I have through the tears streaming down my face.

I see Aaron throw a few punches at Hunter, but it looks like Hunter is winning.

I dial 911 on my phone and tell them what Aaron did, also telling them my address. They quickly arrive at the scene and Aaron is sent to jail.

When they take Aaron away, I run over to Hunter.

"Hunter!"

He holds me closely to him. I look up at him and see that he's bleeding a little.

"He hurt you." I say softly.

"It doesn't matter. All that matters is your safe."

Tears still falling slowly, but Hunter makes me calm down A lot.

"You need to know he never loved you. He make you think he changed so Raelynn could get me." He says.

"So that was their plan?" I ask. He nods. "How's you find out?"

"Ariana told me."

There's a silence until I finally speak up.

"I'm sorry Hunter. I should be with you right now, but I messed up. I'd rather be with you." I apologize.

I sit up and he releases his hold on me. I pull my engagement ring off and return to his arms.

"I thought you didn't love me anymore." Hunter says.

"I never stopped loving you, Hunter."