Chapter 33

Hunter’s POV-

It’s summer again, to be exact, it’s the beginning of July. Me and Mallory have been married for a little over a year, and it’s been amazing. It’s been like Mallory had never lost her memory. We haven’t done anything special in a while, So I decide to take her out. I don’t know where to take her, to be honest. I guess I’ll just figure that out when we get there.

“Where are we going?” Mallory asks when we’re in the car.

“I don’t know,” I answer.

“Really?” she sounds sarcastic.

“Yeah, seriously, I just thought I’d take you out. I didn’t have a place in mind.”

She doesn’t answer and when I look at her, she’s got her eyes glued on the Whiskey Kitchen. I laugh and pull into the parking lot. We both have the same favorite restaurant. It all started before we started dating. We were only friends and she had come to visit in Nashville.

We walk in and then we’re seated. A waitress named Lydia comes to take our order. She has dark brown hair and brown eyes, “May I take your order?” She asks politely with a small smile.

“HOT CHICKEN!” Me and Mallory say loudly in unison and Lydia laughs in response. It reminds me of my first date with Mallory. I remember how adorable she looked wearing her white overall shorts with the pink shirt. 

“Anything else? What to drink?” Lydia asks, writing our order down.

“Water.” Mallory says.

“Same.”

She walks away, and I’m still smiling at the memory.

“What are you smiling about?” Mallory asks me grinning.

“Oh… this just reminds me of our first date.” I smile wider.

“Oh yeah.” she smiles.

“I remember how adorable you looked with your little white overalls with a pink shirt.”

She laughs at me, “I remember how adorable YOU looked with your black skinny jeans and your Rubik’s cube shirt.”

I look down and notice that we’re wearing the same thing from that day. 

“Have you noticed?” I ask gesturing to our clothes.

She looks confused, but then her eyes go wide for a second and she giggles. “What a coincidence.”

We eat our hot chicken and then we head back home. When we walk in the house she walks around awkwardly and slowly looking around the room. I close the door behind me and smirk at her.

She sees me and stops doing her awkward walking, “what do you wanna do now?”

My smirk grows and I raise my eyebrows up and down, and she instantly knew what I was going to do.

“No no no!” she cries out and runs. I run after her and I’m chasing her all around the living room. She’s laughing hysterically. She falls to the ground and turns on her back and I know she’s okay when I hear that she’s still laughing.

I get closer to her and when I’m only a few inches away I walk slowly towards her and she’s still laughing, “No no no!” she keeps repeating. I get down on my knees and start tickling her in her ticklish spot.

“No no no no no! H-Hunter! Stop!” 

“Say I’m the best husband in the world!” I say.

“N-No!!” she laughs.

I tickles her more and she gives in, “Okay! Okay! You’re the best husband in the world!”

I stop tickling her and help her up. When she gets up she runs up the stairs towards our room. I put my keys down on the counter and head upstairs. When I get there, she’s on the end of the bed on her phone.

“Hey, you.” I say.

She looks up and turns her phone off, “Hey.” she sits her phone on the nightstand and walks over to me.

“I love you.” I say.

“I love you more.” she says.

“Not possible.”

“Well I just made it possible!”

I laugh, “I’ll let you win this time.”

I give her a quick kiss on the lips. I kiss her again and it lasts longer. I keep kissing her, and she kisses back. She’s not getting tired of this and neither am I. When I stop kissing her, I put my forehead against hers and look into her eyes, “you’re so adorable with these on.” I say playing with the overall strap on her left shoulder.

She giggles, “Thank you.”

“It’s true. They look good on you. But I think for tonight they’d be better…” I pause and unhook the straps on her overalls, letting them fall to her feet, “right there.”

Her eyes go wide and she gives me a small smile. She takes my shirt off and eventually everything else comes off. I pick her up and lay her down. I’ve never done anything like this, but I’m ready. And I guess she is too, because she’s just going along with it.

When we woke up the next morning, I fixed her breakfast. Waffles, which is one of her favorite breakfast meals, along with strawberries. She comes downstairs and her hair is wet, probably from taking a shower, and she has her clothes already on.

“I made you breakfast, my dear.” I smile.

She smiles, “Thank you… my dear.” she giggles.

We eat our breakfast together after saying our blessing.

“Hunter?” she says.

“Yes?” I answer.

“I had… a good time yesterday.”

“I did too.”

I lean over and give her a quick kiss on the lips.

“I love you, Hunter.” she says.

“I love you, more."