Chapter 8

Mallory's POV-

I was released from the hospital 2 weeks later and Hunter drove me back to my house and stayed with me for a few minutes before he went to see his parents, telling me he'd be back at about 4 o'clock.

"Do you need anything before I leave?" He asks.

"No, I'll be fine."

I walk into my bathroom and take a shower before changing clothes and walking over to my friend Ariana's house. I don't know why but we haven't talked to each other in a while.

"Mal!" She squealed after she opened the door for me. "Come in!"

"Hey Ari." I said while I walked in.

"It's been a long time since we talked. What's been going on?" She asks smiling.

"Too much."

"What happened?" She asks with concern in her voice.

"Well, a good thing is I'm dating Hunter now!" I started and she grinned clapping. "But then my friend Raelynn, or, ex-friend Raelynn came to visit while Hunter was on tour with her 'boyfriend' Aaron, who is my ex. I warned her about him but she got mad."

Ariana rolled her eyes. "I remember Raelynn. AND Aaron. Douchebags"

I nod before continuing. "Anyways, Then Aaron broke up with her, asked me for another chance, I said no because I was with Hunter and Aaron kissed me. Hunter walked in while he was kissing me, claimed me of cheating, I got mad and yelled at Aaron and then he shot me and ran out of the house. But Hunter forgave me because he understood."

"I'm sorry." Ariana said hugging me.

"It's okay."

We continued to talk before I realize it's almost time for Hunter to go back to my house.

"I should go, it's almost time for Hunter to leave his parent's house." I say and she stands up and hugs me.

"Bye." She says.

"See ya." I reply and walk home.

When I get back to my house I see Hunter's Range Rover in the drive way. I open my door and walk in seeing Hunter on the couch watching TV.

"Home already?" I ask.

"I just go here a few minutes ago." He says.

"How'd you get in?"

"You gave me a key, remember?" He smiles.

"Oh yeah." I laugh and walk over to sit beside him. I lay my head on his lap letting him play with my hair.

"You didn't tell your parents about what Aaron did, did you?" I ask him.

"I don't think I did. Do you not want me to tell them?" He answers.

"No. I wasn't aloud to date when I dated him. Nobody knew but you. If my parents find out he shot me, then they'll start questioning me why, and no matter how much I don't like Aaron, I don't want the police involved unless he does something really really bad."

"I won't tell anyone, love." He says kissing my forehead.

Ariana's POV-

I was walking to the grocery store when I pass Raelynn and Aaron walking the other direction. They passed me without noticing I was there. I thought Mallory said they broke up? I hear Mallory's name mentioned by Raelynn so I turn around and follow them listening closely to their conversation.

"Would you stop and just listen to me!?" I heard Raelynn say to Aaron.

"Yeah, sorry." Aaron replies. I continue to listen.

"What did she say?"

"She's dating Hunter."

"She is? She's knows I've always liked him."

"What do we do?" He asks and this makes me more curious.

"You have to make her think that you've changed. That you're not as bad like you used to be." Raelynn answers him.

"But how would she believe me after I shot her?"

"Just.... Just spend the day with her, tell her you want to be friends again. Talk her into hanging out with you and be the sweetest you can be. After she lets you back in her life, I'll find a way to break Hunter and Mallory up, and try to make him fall in love with me. And then you can ask Mallory to give you another chance. Again."

I start to walk the other way after hearing all I need to hear. I have to tell Mallory, but how? I don't know her phone number or where she lives. But I need to find her soon before it's too late.