Chapter 45 - Final Chapter

(A/N: Thank you thank you thank you to EVERYONE that read this book. Thank you to everyone who voted, commented, and gave me ideas for the story. This is the last chapter of this book and I will not be making a sequel but I may do another HH fanfic in the future! I love you all!)

5 Years Later

Hunter's POV

I wake up to the smell of coffee coming from the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and see Mallory still in her PJ's making pancakes.

"Smells delicious," I say as I walk over to her and kiss her cheek.

"Morning, handsome," she smiles at me. "Do you mind going to wake Alex up? I don't want him to be late for school."

Alex was 5 years old now and had just started Kindergarten a couple months ago.

"Sure," I answer.

I walk into Alex's room and over to his bed. I look at him sleeping peacefully and I can't believe how much he looks like me.

"Alex, buddy, wake up. You gotta go to school," I say as I shake him lightly.

He sits up and rubs his eyes before giving me a small sleepy smile, "Good morning, daddy," he says and gets out of bed.

I follow him back into the kitchen and when we get there, our breakfast is already on the table. Mallory had poured me a cup of coffee and poured Alex some orange juice.

Alex and I begin eating as little Addison comes down stairs. Addison is our 2 and a half year old daughter, and she looks just like Mallory.

"Good morning," she says and climbs into her chair.

"Good morning, princess," I tell her and she smiles at me.

Mallory sets a plate with pancakes in front of Addison and cuts it into small pieces for her so it will be easier for her to eat.

Alex goes back to his room when he finishes eating and gets dressed, and I go take a shower. After getting dressed I come back to the living room and see Mallory and Addison cuddling on the couch.

I come over and sit beside them, "I don't have work today," I smile and Mallory smiles back.

Alex comes a few minutes later with his backpack and Mallory checks the time.

"It's almost time for the bus to get here, buddy, let's go ahead and go outside so you don't miss it, okay?" She says to Alex. "Go get your jacket."

He goes back to get his jacket and Mallory grabs hers as well. I tell Alex goodbye and he goes with Mallory outside to wait for the bus. I pull Addison close to me and kiss her head and she giggles.

Mallory returns inside a few minutes later and pulls her jacket off. "It's definitely November," she says with a shiver, "I'm gonna go make some hot chocolate. Want some?" She asks me, and I shake my head no. Then she looks at Addison, "you want some, Addie?"

"No, thank you, mommy," she smiles.

Life with Mallory honestly couldn't be better. I have always loved her and always will. I love her more and more everyday, and I never thought that would be possible.

A few hours later, Addison gets tired and goes to her room to take a nap. Mallory was taking a shower, and I was just sitting in the living room when I get a pretty catchy melody in my head.

I go to our room to get my notebook that I write my songs in, so I can write this melody down so I don't forget it later. I open it to flip to a empty page when a page falls out. I pick it up and look at it, and chuckle. It was from years ago, a song I had written for Mallory, but I realize I had never played it for her before.

When she's out of the shower she gets dressed and walks over to me. I was now sitting on our bed, and was looking at the paper again after writing the new melody I had thought of.

"What are you smiling at?" She asks sweetly.

"This," I smile and show it to her.

She takes the paper from me and looks at the top, "Still Fallin'?" She smiles.

"Yup," I say and grab my acoustic guitar. "It's a song I wrote for you a little while after we got together. I just realized I've never played it for you."

I start strumming and she sets the paper down on the bed and smiles at me. I begin to sing, and as I'm singing, I notice that even though I wrote this years ago, I still mean every single word of it.

You would think for all the days I've known you
That I would have you memorized by now
With every question answered,
Every single page turned
But you just keep me on the edge somehow

And every day with you is still a mystery
The sweetest story's falling from your lips
And I hold on to every word,
Like it's the first one that I've heard
It's the only time I've ever felt like this

After all this time you'd think I'd be
Used to the pull of your gravity
But after flying so high for so long, who would think
I'm still learning, still burning, still falling
Still falling

I still reach for your hand because I need it
Your kiss is still the spark that lights a fire
You're still laughing with me,
And we're still making memories,
I'm still a fool for you, and there's a million reasons why

After every late night street light drive
And every "Love you", "Miss you", kiss good night
Girl, your name is still my favorite
Always will be and I'm
Still wanting, still all-in, I'm still falling

Still falling,
Still chasing, still nervous,
Still reeling, dreaming about this

And after every sunrise holding you,
After all the crazy we've been through
Every day and every minute, girl, it's something new,
I'm still learning, still burning, yeah, still wanting, still all-in, still falling.

Still fallin'.