Chapter 7

Mallory's POV

"What do you want?" I say.

"Another Chance." He says walking towards be as I back away. He shuts the door behind him.

"N-No." I say.

"Oh? And why not?"

"Because I have a boyfriend."

"That's an excuse."

"No it's not! His name is Hunter! And-"

I didn't get to finish because he had me pinned against the wall and was kissing me. I push him and and get lose from his arms.

"What about Raelynn?" I ask.

"I broke up with her. She's mean anyways."

I start to walk away but he grabs my wrist and turns me halfway and kisses me again holding on to my waist. I hear the door open and close. I open my eyes and look while Aaron still had his lips on mine to see Hunter close the door.

"Mallory! I'm ho-" he starts and then turns and sees us. Aaron stops kissing me and looks up and Hunter.

"M-Mallory?" He stutters and looks sad and mad at the same time. "Y-You're cheating on me?"

I break free from Aaron and run over to Hunter. "No! It's him! He-"

"Forget it." Hunter says and walks outside and slams the door behind him.

I turn and give Aaron the maddest look I could. "YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT AARON!" I scream and he flinches. He pulls a gun out of his pocket and aims it at me.

"This is what you get for everything you've done." He says quietly and pulls the trigger. I feel pain in my chest and I fall to the floor and see Aaron run out the back door.

Hunter's POV

I can't believe her. She said she loved me. I'm about to get in my car but I hear Mallory yelling.

"YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT AARON!" She screams. I shake my head and open the car door but stop when I hear and banging sound and a scream. I shut my car door and run back towards the house. I open the house door and step in and look down and see Mallory laying on the floor with blood coming from near her heart and the back door is open so Aaron must have ran away after he shot her.

"Mallory!" I say and get down on my knees. I pull out my phone and dial '911' and tell them her address.

"Hunter he was the one that kissed me. I would never hurt you like that." She says quietly and I see a few tears coming from her eyes. "Please don't break up with me Hunter."

I stroke her hair. "Shh. Don't worry about that right now. It's ok. I know it wasn't your fault."

I hear sirens pulling in the driveway and I look down at Mallory and see her eyes closed.
I check her pulse and see that's she still alive and I thank God. They put her on a gurney and roll her into the ambulance.

I was in the waiting room, knowing that was somewhat my fault. If she hadn't yelled at him because of me, maybe he wouldn't have shot her.

"Please let her be okay, Lord." I pray with my hands cupped together and my eyes closed.
"I ask these things in your name, Amen." I up-cup my hands and opens my eyes. I call everyone our families and told them what's going on. And shortly they're all at the hospital with me. One of the doctors come out of her room and I run up to him before he can speak.

"Is she okay?" I ask shakily and my eyes are red from crying so much.

"She's fine."

"Thank you, Lord!" I say looking up. "Can we go see her?"

"Two at a time, or one." He answers and I nod.

Mine and Mallory's family said that I can be in there alone with her because she's my best friend. Well they think she's my best friend, we haven't made it clear yet. When I walk into her room I see her laying there with her eyes closed and a heart monitor beeping the way it should be. Thank God. I take a breath before walking over to her bed and taking a seat in the chair next to her.

"This is all my fault." I say taking her hand. "All my fault. I'm sorry."

She lays there with her eyes still closed and the room is silent except for the heart monitor.

"I just wish that I believed you like I believe you now, and maybe if I hadn't had left, you wouldn't be here right now. I'm sorry, I love you."

I kiss her forehead walk out of the room and two at a time, our families go to see her. When they're done they tell me that they'll be back in the morning, so I walk back into her room.

"Please wake up, I need you." I say holding her hand again, looking down at the floor sobbing. "I love you."

"I love you too." I hear her sweet innocent voice say.

I look up and see her giving me a weak smile.

"Mallory! You're awake!" I say and hug her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. So do you forgive me?"

"You never did anything wrong."