Chapter 6

Mallory's POV

"A-Aaron?" I stutter and he doesn't say anything.

I turn to Raelynn, "Him? You're dating HIM?" I say.

"Yeah, you two know each other?" She asks.

"We sure do." I say angrily giving Aaron a mad look. "Raelynn I need to talk to you. Alone."

I grab her and pull her into the kitchen and shut the door.

"What is it?" She asks me.

"Aaron is a bad guy. You don't need to be with him."

"He's not! He's really sweet and he loves me."

"You THINK he loves you."

She shakes her head. "How do you know so much about how he treats a girl?"

"Because I was his girlfriend 5 years ago."

Her lips shape to an 'o'. "You still like him don't you?" She says getting angry too.

"Why would you think that? I wouldn't want to date a cheater!"

"Cheater?? I don't believe you. If you don't like him maybe me and Aaron should just leave! Your not going to controll me! I can date who I want to date!"

"Well one day maybe you'll remember this conversation when you see him with another girl! And if you do don't come to me saying you wished you had listen. Just LEAVE. Now."

She stormed out the door and I watched her grab her suitcases.

"Come on, Aaron. We're leaving." She said, and he grabbed his suitcases and followed her out the door.

I walked back into the living room and laid down on the couch. "She'll see soon." I say.

I hear my phone ringing and I see Hunter's name written across the top.

"Hunter!" I say.

"Hey!" He says. "Is Raelynn there yet?"

I laugh. "Oh, she was."

"She left?"

"Yeah, because of me."

"What did you do?"

"Well her new boyfriend is my ex that cheated on me 5 years ago."

"Oh Aaron? I never liked him. I still don't."

"I don't either." I sigh. "I tried to tell Raelynn he wasn't right for her but she wouldn't listen. She thinks I'm still in love with him."

There's a short pause before he speaks up. "You're not are you?"

"No! I told her that because I wouldn't want to date a cheater. She didn't believe he was a cheater and left."

"She'll see one day."

"I know."

"I have to go do soundcheck." He said sadly.

"Oh ok, I love you!"

"I love you too."

I hang up and continue with my day.

Hunter calls me after his show that night and we talk before he says he's starving and needs food, so I let him go and eat.

-Two Months Later-

I still haven't heard anything from Raelynn or Aaron. But it's ok. She acts like she doesn't trust me anyways. I guess you could call us ex best friends. And Hunter is coming home today! Or, coming back to Breaux Bridge at least. He texted me and said he's on his way right now.

Late that evening, I hear a knock on the door. I squeal and I run to the door and open it expecting it to be Hunter but it's not. Instead it's someone I don't want to see.

Aaron.