Chapter 29

Hunter’s POV-

I woke up alone to an empty bed. I look around for Mallory but she’s not in the room. I go downstairs and see her looking at her phone. Mallory might not remember that much, but when she said that she remembers that she’s in love with me, I felt happy. I give her a soft kiss on the lips in return and smiled at her. 

“Good morning, my love.” I say and she giggles.

“Good morning,” she says and gives me a kiss.

“What if I took you to Breaux Bridge to see your family? And mine. Maybe you’ll remember then? We’ll stay for a few days.”

“Okay,” she says cheerfully and smiles. She stands up and walks upstairs to pack. I hear her turn the TV in our room on and hear the sounds changing from her changing the channels. I guess she’s trying to find something to listen to.

I turn on some coffee and start to pour it in my cup when I hear her scream. I run upstairs and see her jumping on her bed.

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“Hunter! You’re on the TV!”

I look and see my new music video on, “Yeah. I’m signed to a record deal, remember?”

“Oh..” she says softly. “i remember that!”

“Yeah.” I smile. I look and see her zipped suitcase. I take it downstairs and put it beside the opening door. I go back upstairs and start packing my stuff while Mallory sits on the floor in front of the TV swaying to the music playing on CMT.

I check the time on my phone and see how early it is. She turns her head from the TV and looks at me when I start speaking, “Why are we up so early?”

“I don’t know,” she says and turns her head back to the TV. I go downstairs and put my suitcase beside of hers. I look over and see my full cup of coffee on the counter. I run over to it, and see that its still warm. “Thank the Lord,” I mumble and start drinking it.

Mallory came downstairs eventually, with her hair wet. I guess from taking a shower. She had on clean clothes and her hair was combed out. “I’m ready to go when you are,” she says.

I nod and put my cup in the sink when I finish my coffee. I walk over and grab my keys and walk towards the door getting our suitcases.

“Okay, Let’s go!” I cheer. She giggles and crosses her arms, shaking her head. I give her a confused look, “what is it?”

She smiles and then gives me a smirk, “Are you going to actually change out of your pjs silly?"