Chapter 9

Mallory's POV-

I was sitting with Hunter on the couch the next day when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it." I say standing up and walking to the door.

"What do you want?" I ask seeing that it's Aaron.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks.

Hunter stands up and walks over beside me. He shakes his head.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I ask him.

"I need to talk to you alone."

I think for a minute before agreeing and walking outside to the porch with him. I notice Hunter is watching from the window.

"I wanted to apologize." He says.

"Ok."

"About Everything."

"Is that all?"

"Can we be friends again?"

"No." I say standing up and walking to the door to go back inside.

"Please." He says and grabs me gently.

"I don't think we were even friends in the first place. And why would I want to be friends with you?"

"But I've changed!"

"Uh huh. Sure." I roll my eyes and start to go back inside again.

"I have! I promise. Let me prove it to you."

I turn to him. "How?"

"Let's just spend a few days together and if you still don't believe me, I'll leave you alone."

"Fine. When?"

"Start tomorrow?"

I pause for a moment and nod.

"Can I go back inside now?"

"Yeah. Talk to you later."

He runs down the front steps and into his truck. I turn the doorknob and walk back inside the house.

"What'd he say?" Hunter asks me.

"He apologized."

"Is that it?"

"He wants to be friends again and he says he's changed and he wants to prove it by spending a few days with me. Starting tomorrow."

"Did you agree?"

I nod slowly and he turns around and walks back to the couch and sits down. I follow and sit with him.

"Are you mad?" I ask.

"No, I just want you to be careful."

"I'm not going anywhere alone with him. I'll stay where there's more people around."

He nods. "I have to go back to Tennessee tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Studio."

"I'll miss you." I pout.

"I'll miss you too."

Hunter drove back to Tennessee around 8 o'clock the next morning, and I got ready to spend the day with Aaron. He came for me around 10 o'clock.

"Ready?" He asks as I get in the passenger seat.

"No." I say and cross my arms and slump down in my seat.

"I haven't ate breakfast." He says starting the car.

"Neither have I." I say sounding annoyed. "Are you gonna start driving or not?"

"Yeah. Let's go get breakfast."

He drives us to McDonalds and we eat breakfast there. While we eat he does most of the talking while I just sit and listen to him with no expression on my face. We spend the rest of the day just going places like most friends do. One day while I was riding home with Aaron I got a text from Hunter.

Hey. I get a few days off so I'm coming back to your house tomorrow if you don't mind. :) <3

I text him back. I don't mind at all. <3

"When are we going to stop doing this?" I ask Aaron.

"I guess tomorrow."

I nod and text Hunter.

What time will you be at my house?

It will be late that evening because I'll be in the studio tomorrow. :)

Ok. See you then.

"See you tomorrow, I guess." I tell Aaron and get out of his truck.

"Ok." He says and drives away.

I'm starting to think now that Aaron has changed. He's been really sweet the past days I've spent with him. Maybe ever since him and Raelynn broke up it changed him.