Chapter 25

Hunter’s POV-

I was forced to go home after leaving the hospital, and I’m still pretty scratched up, but it’s nothing compared to what the other passengers had. I kept saying that I’m not leaving. Not going anywhere until I find Mallory. She was the only one that went missing that I know of. Everyone else was near the plane. There’s people trying to find her body now. I can’t stop the thought that she might already be dead.

It’s been almost five months, and they still haven’t found Mallory. I’m home now. Not in my house, in mine and Mallory’s house. I walk around the house looking through all her belongings. She could be gone. Already. Too soon.

I’ve cried every day since the day I woke up at the crash. Music isn’t even helping me get over this. I decide that maybe it’s time to actually get out of the house. I haven’t been anywhere, except for the studio of course. I haven’t even been to starbucks.

The hayniacs have been supporting me like crazy through all of this. They understand what’s going on. They’re always checking up on me on Twitter and Facebook. Waiting for updates on Mallory just in case she’s found. 

I check her twitter and see that the last time she tweeted was ‘June 16, 2017’ as Twitter reads. Her tweet saying “Tomorrow will most definitely be the best day of my life. I’ll be Mrs. Hayes. :)

And now it’s November. The third of November to be exact. And to think that the last time I saw her face was 4 and a half months ago. It feels more like four and a half years. The days have been so long.

My phone starts ringing while I’m in my car on my way to starbucks.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hunter?” I hear a familiar voice say.