Chapter 27

Hunter’s POV-

“Uh, y-yeah, I’m Hunter. Remember?” I stutter.

She gives me another confused look and gazes at the floor. “Hunter…” she says softly. She keeps repeating my name and looks up at me, shaking her head. “I’m sorry, I just don’t remember.”

It feels like I’m about to start crying, “Do you remember anything?”

She thinks again and this time it looks like she’s thinking hard, “I think I remember something.” She looks at me.

“What do you remember?” Alex asks. I look up at him and then back at Mallory.

“I was…” she starts thinking hard again, “I was sleeping.”

“And then what?” Alex asks, wanting her to continue.

She does what he asks and looks up at him, “All I remember is that I was sleeping and I heard these loud sirens,” she looks at the floor and then at me, “I think I was… on a plane? And I think there was someone with me!”

My eyes light up, “It was me. I was the one with you.”

She studies my face, “No, I don’t know. I can’t see their face. But it was a male with me!"

I take her hand and squeeze it, “That was me with you. We had just gotten married and we were going on our honeymoon to Paris.”

She keeps thinking, “I don’t know where I was going, but the person with me was holding on to me, really tightly and told me that he loved me.”

I try to think of some way to give her proof.

“Hunter? Maybe you could take her home and show her something, and then she might remember.” Alex says.

I nod and stand up. She stands up with me and walks with me out the door. I assume she had already seen a doctor because of her band-aids. I open the car door for her and help her in. I go around the car and get in too.

“So… you’re my husband?” She asks. I nod and she continues speaking, “I don’t remember any of it.”

I look down at my left hand and see my wedding ring. I hold my hand up for her to see, “here’s my wedding ring.”

She looks at it and nods. I look at her hand and her ring is still there! I point at it and she sees it. Her eyes light up and she nods. “I think I remember a little of a wedding.”

I smile and pull into our driveway. I get out of the car and stare at the house in front of me. She gets out and stares at it too.

“Remember this place? This is where we live.” I say.

“I don’t remember,” she says. “But I think I moved or something.”

“Yes! You did move. You lived in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, and then you moved here to Nashville, Tennessee with me.”

She thinks and nods at me, “oh yeah! I lived in Louisiana!”

I smile and grab her hand, walking through the front door with her. She looked around the living room. “I don’t remember living here though.”

I walk into the kitchen and she follows me. She sees a coffee pot and smiles, “I remember making coffee every morning for… somebody.”

“For me.” I smile and give her a kiss.

She gives me an unsure look but still smiles anyways. We walk upstairs and into our room. I walk over to my guitar and sit on the bed. She sits down with me and listens to me sing. When I finished her eyes lit up again.

I could be so good at loving you

But only if you told me to

“Do you remember anything else now?” I ask.

“I remember your voice I think.” she smiles.

I put my guitar up and get out a picture album. I set it down on my lap and open it. She looks over my shoulder down at the pictures.

“See? That was us when we were three.” I point and she giggles.

I keep turning the pages, telling her where and how old we were and she giggles at almost every one of them. Finally I get to the final ones which are pictures of our wedding. She stares at them, “When did this happen?”

“About 5 months ago,” I say, “is there anything else you remember now?"