Chapter 43

~4 Months Later~

Mallory's POV-

The crowd cheered loudly as Hunter and I finished performing "Forever and Always" on the last show for the tour, which was in Nashville.

"That was awesome!" Hunter said, hugging me when we got backstage.

"Yeah it was!" I cheer and smile, "you did amazing."

"You did too," Hunter said and I pecked him on the lips before running to the back door to sneak out to the bus while Hunter went to do a meet and greet.

Hunter and I had hired a babysitter to take care of Alex while we were performing. Her name was Alexis.

When I climbed in the bus, I ran over to Alexis who was holding a crying Alex. I picked him up and calmed him down before taking him to his crib in the back of the bus.

I went back to the living area of the bus and had a short conversation with Alexis, which was interrupted by a grinning Hunter who came inside.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask smiling.

He smiled at me, "I have a surprise for you."

"Where is it?" I ask.

"Backstage."

"How long will we be gone?"

"Like.. 5 minutes."

I look at Alexis, "Are you okay staying here with Alex until we get back?"

"Of course! I love him," she smiles.

We walk off the bus hand-in-hand and start to cross the street. We're almost to the other side and I notice my bracelet isn't on my wrist anymore.

I look back and see it on the other side of the sidewalk.

"Wait!" I say, "I dropped my bracelet."

He nods and I turn around to get it.

Hunter's POV-

Mallory says that she dropped her bracelet, so she turns around and looks both ways before crossing the street. I look down and when I look back up, I see a car speed around the corner.

"Mallory, look out!" I yell and run towards her. I grab her just in time to move her out of the way, but in the process, I feel a sharp pain in my side and I fall to the ground.

The next thing I knew, everything went black.

Idea Credits: @king_porter1