Chapter 23

Hunter’s POV-

“I do.” I hear Mallory’s sweet voice say.

The priest looks up and says, “By the power invested in me and the state of Louisiana, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Hunter, you may kiss your bride.”

I lean in and put my hands on both sides of Mallory’s waist and press my lips against hers while hearing the cheering and clapping going on around us.

Mallory is finally, Mallory Hayes.

That happened two days ago. Just two days ago. And right now, it’s 5:00 AM and me and Mallory are boarding the plane to go on our honeymoon, which is in Paris.

“This is going to be the best week ever!” She cheers and I smile.

We sit and I wrap my arm around her as she leans into me.

“I love you Hunter.” 

“I love you more, Miss Hayes.”

She giggles, “I love my new name.”

I smile and look down at left hand, seeing my wedding band and my smile gets bigger. She’s finally mine. Forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We’ve been on the plane for about an hour and a half now. I watch how peaceful she looks while she sleeps. How adorable she is. My eyes start wandering around the plane as I feel the plane going down and hear something that sounds like sirens. No.

Mallory’s eyes shoot open, “Hunter?”

I pull her close to me and hold her tighter than I’ve ever held her before.

“Hunter, what’s going on.”

“I love you, Mallory.”

“I love you too, Hunter.”

Her voice was the last thing I heard until I felt the plane hit the ground and everything went black......

(A/N: I have no idea what the priest says at weddings, so I apologize if I messed that part up.)