Chapter 13

Mallory's POV

A knock at my door makes me stop what I'm doing to answer. When I open it, I see Raelynn. As soon as she sees me, she apologizes. "I'm sorry."

I let her come in, and she sits on my couch. I arch and eyebrow at her, and then she explains. "I'm sorry for what I said a few months ago."

I then remember the coincident between me and her about Aaron. It takes me a few minutes, but I eventually forgive her.

"It's okay." I say and hug her. "So, I saw you and Hunter the other day."

She nods her head. "But we aren't dating or anything."

I nod. I start to speak, but she interrupts me. "You don't mind if I ask him out, do you?"

I shake my head slowly, saying no, because I'm with Aaron now.

"So, you and Aaron, huh?" She says.

"Yeah. He said he changed, and I guess he really did."

"I wish he was that nice when I was with him." She gives me a small smile. "Well, I should get going. I'm glad things are okay between us now."

"Me too. Bye Raelynn."

"Bye Mal."

I check my phone to see a text from Hunter.

Can we talk? Please? If yes, meet me at Starbucks in 10 minutes.

When I walk into Starbucks, I see Hunter already in a booth. When I sit in front of him, he slides a coffee in front of me.

"Thanks." I say and give him a smile.

His blue eyes are staring at me with sadness. "What did I do wrong?" He asks quietly.

Oh Hunter, don't do this to me now.

"Nothing." I frown at him. "You did nothing wrong."

"Then why don't you love me anymore."

"I do love you, Hunter. Just not in that way."

"Please, Mal. Just come back."

I stand up and give him a straight, but sad face. "Maybe you should just forget about me." I say softly, not meaning it in a mean way, I just don't want him to be sad all the time.

"But I can't." He says

I look down at the ground, not knowing what to say, Iturn around, and walk out the door. I look through the glass window and see him slumped in his seat with a sad look on his face, looking down at his hand while he draws circles on the table with his index finger before walking away.