Chapter 38

Warning: there's a little violence in this chapter! It doesn't get too descriptive though.

Mallory's POV-

Whenever I get home from work, Hunter is at the studio. I walk up to the door and find a little piece of paper on the ground. It's folded and had my name on it.

Confused, I open it, and it tells me to go to my parent's house. I don't know what this is about, so I walk inside the house and get Hunter's gun and go to my parent's house.

The note also said to go to the backyard. That makes sense, since my parents are out of town. My parents had bought a house in Nashville to be closer to me and Hunter.

I remember in the backyard of the house was a garden. You could get to it from the upstairs and downstairs of the house.

From the second floor of the house, there was a balcony that went all the way around the house. From the balcony in the backyard, there are stairs that go down to the garden. From the bottom floor, you just open a sliding door.

I get to my parent's house and walk around to the back. I look around and I don't see anyone, so I just walk around and look at the beautiful garden.

I walk up the stairs to get to the balcony and look out at the garden. I was enjoying the moment until I heard a familiar voice say my name.

"Mallory," they sound angry.

I turn around and fear hits me all at once.

"Aaron, stay away from me."

How does he know where my parents live? Oh yeah, my parents think he's a great guy. Of course they'd tell him where they live.

"No. We need to finish this." He says walking towards me.

"I will call the police," I declare and pull my phone out showing it to him.

"No you won't."

He knocks it out of my hand and grabs me. I try to get him off of me, "get off of me you-", I was cut off by him slapping me across the face.

"You just had to pick him over me, didn't you!" He yells.

"You didn't even love me Aaron."

"I did. I loved you, Mallory. And, I still do."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!" I yell.

Hunter's POV-

When I walk in the house, I see a note on the kitchen counter. It was for Mallory. She was gone, so I assumed that wherever she was, this note was the reason.

I read the note where it tells her to go to her parent's house, to the backyard. I put the note down and get a weird feeling. I decide to go see what's happening.

I run to get my gun but I see that it's gone. Mallory must have it. I get in my car and drive to her parent's house before it's too late.

Mallory's POV-

"Just slap me again." I say sarcastically in a angry tone, gritting my teeth.

He laughs, "what are you gonna do about it? You can't fight me with 'little Hayes' on the way."

I assume he knows because of social media.

"Yeah, I know I can't fight you, but I can do this."

I pull out the gun and shoot it, missing his body on purpose. He looks at me and I know I've made him more mad.

"Leave her alone!" I hear Hunter yell.

"Hunter!" I say, "don't come any closer. He'll hurt you too."

"Too?!" Hunter says angrily. He starts making his way towards us but Aaron puts me right at the top of the stairs.

"Don't come any closer, Hunter." Aaron says, "or I'll push them down the stairs. And I'll be after you next."

Hunter looks like he's unsure of what to do.

"You hurt him and I'll hurt you!" I yell, "don't you lay a hand on him!"

"I've had enough of you!" Aaron yells, and the next thing I knew, I was going down the stairs from Aaron pushing me down them.

"That's it!" Hunter yells and runs down the stairs to help me. My whole body hurts. Mostly my stomach.

Hunter tries to help me up but Aaron grabs him and pulls him away from me.

I see Aaron pounding on Hunter and I knew what I had to do. I pulled out the gun from my pocket and aimed at Aaron. I heard a bang as the bullet flew from the gun and hitting Aaron.

As he falls Hunter gets up and helps me to his car.

"Hunter," I say silently.

"It's okay, I'm taking you to the hospital."

"It hurts," I say clutching my stomach as he helps me in the car.

He looks terrified and starts to the hospital.

~~~~~~~

"Show me where it hurts," the nurse says as I lay in the hospital bed. Hunter is beside of me. I show her where it hurts and she nods.

"Well, we will check for a heartbeat to see if your baby is okay."

I nod nervously and she turns on the machine. I pull my shirt up, and a few minutes later, we're waiting for a heartbeat.

"I-I don't hear anything," Hunter stutters.

"Me either," I feel tears about to spill.

I hear Hunter praying silently, and I close my eyes to join in. All we want now is for little Hayes to be okay.