Gentleman in Miami

Emilys Pov

I wake up the next morning, the first thing I notice is that he is not here. Maybe he didn't even come back to the hotel last night.

I turn back around to face the night table, where I can see a letter. I open the letter, I immediately recognize the writing, my favorite Monegasque man. It's from Charles.

Morning Love..

I am not going to sit here and feel sorry for myself for what I did yesterday, because I wasn't the one getting hurt. You were. I'm the biggest idiot, leaving you behind to talk to her.

She only wanted to pick a fight, because she had seen me with you. She was jealous, Who wouldn't be. Your beautiful. I dont expect you to forgive me right away, but at least meet me today in my drivers room, before qualifying.

I hope you like what I did to the room. Love, yours.

C.

With tears in my eyes, I look around in the room. To see rose-peddles everywhere, breakfast that I can see he made himself. He picked out an outfit for me, probably because he knows I can't decide myself. I walk to the bathroom to take a shower. That's when I see the bathtub filled with foam, and rose-peddles also. I stick my hand in the water, it's still hot. It must not have been lang since he left the room.

I take a bath and make myself ready, I eat breakfast. I walk downstairs. When the receptionist stops me, before leaving."Hey I have a note for you. From Mr. Leclerc." The receptionist call for me again.

I smile and take it from her. I mouth "Thank you" to her and then leave.

Hope the bath, food and the clothes I picked for you was okay. My car is waiting for you outside. Drive safe, Love.

C.

I also find the keys in the note. I shake my head, he is really trying. I love that. I drive to the Miami Circuit, to see a lot of paparazzi. When I park the car, every single one of them swarm towards Charles car.

I get my things and get out of the car. I immediately get hit with flash by flash and the press, pushing to get to me, asking questions. I finally get out of the swarm of press around Charles car. I enter the paddock and walk to the haas garage.

I go to Mick, he's standing beside his car. When I place my hand on his shoulder, he immediately turns around to face me. I'm quick to hug him. I just need my brother, to tell me everything will be alright. That is exactly what he does. "It'll be alright sis. He is not that stupid, trust me."

"That right there, was just what I needed to hear." I tell him.

"I know. Now go, to his garage. He must be upset, I take it you two haven't talked much."

"No. Not at all, actually. Umm, I better get going to Ferrari. Gook luck Micki, drive safe."

"I always do!" Mick says. I smile at him, then I walk away. As I walk towards the Ferrari garage, I feel guilt flow over me, like a tsunami. Was I being too mean towards him? I guess I will only find out, when I get there.

At the Ferrari garage:

I see Charles standing with his team, around the car. There is only 40 minutes to qualifying starts. So I better hurry. I tap on his shoulder, with one finger. He turns around before I get a chance to get ready for it. He quickly goes in for a hug. I accept it. He takes me by my wrist and lead me to his drivers room.

He closes the door. He immediately begins. "Look Emily.."

"Kiss me!" I say.

He stumbles over his words. "Wha-.."

"Just kiss me, Leclerc!" So he does.

"Does this mean you forgive, my stupidity?" Charles asks.

I answer. "Of course I do. I will never let anything THAT stupid, get between my love for you. EVER!"

"It wasn't stupid Emily. I would have done the exact same." Charles admits, as he looks like he swallowed a big lump sitting in his throat.

"Thank for everything this morning, you didn't have to." I say, so he knows that I appreciated it.

"I know, but I did. I risked us, what we have is special to me, I will never do such a thing again. I promise you."

"I love you Mr. Leclerc."

"I love you more." I give him a passionate kiss, I think we both longed so much for this. An entire day (Almost) without him close to me.