The truth

It's now Friday. I have worked my ass of the entire week and today. So I'm actually free the rest of the week. I have still heard nothing from Charles, this entire time. I have even heard from Arthur. Who asked if I was going to be seeing his race, this weekend. Which I obviously am.

I clean my house, because I have to do something, while I am waiting for time to go. S I can go to this dinner, and ask Charles what's going on. Mick pulls up in my driveway. "Hello sis!"

"Hello favorite brother!"

"How are you doing, with everything?" He asks me.

"Okay... I guess. I holding it together, but barely."

"He hasn't contacted you at all, since last time."

"Nope, nothing. Just radio silence."

"Ask him about it tonight. But come on, you have to go dress up, look nice and beautiful. It's one of the things you're really good at."

"I guess so..." I get upstairs to change, I come back down in a silver dress, it's long silk.

"Looking beautiful as ever, let's go." Mick opens my front door for me. We get out to our cars, and I drive myself there. While Mick is in his own car. When we arrive at the hotel, everybody is outside. Waiting for the last ones to arrive. Which is me and Mick. I have chosen to drive my white Ferrari SF90 Straddle tonight.

I see Charles standing there, looking to perfect. Talking with some of the other drivers. Me and Mick walk towards the others together, my arm in Micks. I immediately feel a gaze on me, I look up to see Charles looking back at me. He walks up to us, giving me a kiss on the cheeks.

"You look gorgeous, Princess." He tells me, but I ignore him.I don't answer or look back at him. I simply walk inside with Mick. I hear the other following Mick and I inside towards the restaurant. I sit down beside Mick, Charles Beside me. I feel his gaze, how he looks at me. Not long after we have ordered our food, he tries to sneak a hand on my thigh. I quickly get up from my chair, everybody's eyes focused on me, just me.

"Excuse me, I have to go get some air." I announce.

Mick grabs my wrist, looking worriedly up at me. "Everything okay? Need me to come?"

I place my hand on his, removing his hand from my wrist. "No. I'm fine."I walk out of the restaurant, and sit down outside on the cold concrete stairs. That leads up to the restaurant entrance. Not many seconds after I have seated myself, I hear steps coming my way. I know the sound of those steps, I have heard them so many times before.

"Hey Love... Is everything alright?" Charles comes up between me.

"Do not "Hey Love" me.. Why have you not been answering me, the whole week. I thought something happened to you." I slowly feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"My phone.. I broke it when I drove here Monday. I haven't had time to get it fixed. I'm sorry.."

"No you're not! I live 30 minutes from here, you have had 30 minutes, im sure. Or you could have lent some other drivers phone, talked to my brother about it. Who you live next door to at the moment!" When I had said that, he turns pale and stays quiet. I shake my head, I do really not wanna ask him this, but I have to.

"Are you sleeping with her?" I ask him, he turn even more pale than before.

"I wouldn't.. I wouldn't say it like that.." He answers, shrinking his head.

"I know enough..." I say. I grab my phone form the ground and my purse, then I walk back inside. I lay some money on the table.

"For the food I ordered, im eating home instead. Have a good evening everyone. Good race to all of you boys. See ya." Before anyone else can talk I walk out. I see Charles still standing outside. He stops me. I turn around to see all the other also standing in front of me now.

"It's always you, it always has been and always will be, my love."

"Is it Charles? Is it really? Was it also me, when you were fucking my best friend? Huh, was it me then too?" I ask him. I catch eye contact with Mick, he shakes his head and he looks so mad, that he got it right.

Without another word from either me or Charles, I leave. Get into my car and drive off. I don't get long, before I get reminded of what really just happened. Charles has cheated on me, with my best friend. Holy shit.

I soon enough cry so hard, that I have trouble breathing. Charles was everything to me, I would have done everything for him, and then he does this. I have worked so hard this entire week, to be at his race and this is my "Thanks, my love"

When I arrive at my house, I feel empty. I look at my phone, to see. missed calls and texts from Charles, Mick, My mom, Dad, Arthur, Lorenzo, Pascale, Lando, Carlos and Pierre. I guess everybody knows by now.
Some of the texts:

Mick❤️🔐🏎.. .. Active now.

Mily, please don't drive when your this upset.. Should I come by, I can grab Chinese on the way? I'm gonna kill him!

-

Charles❤️🏎🌹.. .. Active now.

Love, let's please talk about this. I need you in my life. It was a mistake, everything that happened, shouldn't have happened. Please just, let me come by your place. We can talk this out.

-

Mom❤️😘.. .. Active now.

Hi, my beautiful daughter. Mick called me and your dad. He told us what happened, if you ever need o come home. Your room is always ready for you. I love you ❤️ 😘

Without a single reply, I go to sleep. Feeling the last tear escape my eye, as I close my eyes.