Mexico

I flew in from Italy to Mexico on Saturday. I really needed some time off, from the paddock and all the fuss.

I haven't been in contact with Charles since the day in America. Arthur, Lorenzo and Pascale has been texting me. I have answered them but not the answers they wanted. I know Charles and Britney has been seen together after America, so I guess that they're together now.

-

I arrive in the paddock, late. I really just need to go back to the hotel, but mick wanted me to stop by, as the track is on the way to the hotel. 

On my way to the Haas hospitality, I get stopped by a young man. He is an interviewer, he actually seems pretty nice. 

"Hello, Mrs. Schumacher. Can I ask you a couple questions?" He asks. 

I laugh. "Just call my Emily. And yes you can."

He nods. "So I heard you're in love."

I look at him surprised. "In love?"

He nods, confirmedly. "Yeah, some guy heard something about it."

I sigh, looking away for a short amount of time. " I was In love.."

He leans a little closer, with his microphone. "But not at the moment?" 

I shake my head, slowly. "No, not at the moment."

The interviewer nods, respecting my answer. "Do you have one last thing, before we wrap this up?"

"I do actually." I answer him. "You break your own heart, by letting yourself to give it another shot. When you already know it's time to go." I find out later that the interview has been replayed not eh big screens inside the press room, where the driver are.

Mick also told me, that Charles saw it all. Which couldn't bother me less. 

-

Back in Italy.

Charles has been at my place a couple of times. So that also means that he left some stuff here. I texted him to come and get his things, it had to be today, because I didn't have time. Which is a lie, I do have time. But I don't want o make my time for him. 

I hear a knock on my front door, I go to open it. To find Charles standing right here, in front of me. I can see that he doesn't sleep good. "You know where it is. I will be in the living room. Just close the door after you, will you?" I try to be strong. but shit I miss him. 

He nods and continues to the bedroom. 

I hear him packing his things and it breaks me completely. I break down crying on my couch. Trying not to be too loud. Charles gets out of the bedroom, walking towards the front door. He stops, I know he's facing me right now, I can't look him in the eyes right now. I'm to broken. 

"Please. Don't fucking do this to me! Please!" Charels stands still behind me. 

I sniff, before saying. "Charles. We both need to move on."

I hear him walking towards me. He kneels down in front of me. He takes my hand, oh how I have missed this. "So one last time. I need to be the one, who takes you home. One more time, I promise after that I will let you go."

I try to dry my tears. "Please. Just leave Charles." I need to try to stay strong, for myself here. I can't budge.

-

The next week. I get send multiple death threats from Charles fans. Because i broke up with him, even though "He didn't do anything." They text me, why I needed to leave him heartbroken. SO that he can't drive his car properly.

If they all knew the true story. I can't be the one to tell them, I don't want the media to bother him.