Belgium

With Charles

I haven't seen her since that day in Hungary. She doesn't answer my calls or texts. My whole family gave me a long lasting lecture, about how much of a dick I have been to her. I see now that she deserve much better, but I'm to selfish to let her have better. To let her go, find better. I need her in my life, by my side. 

I have to go to a interview, before eI can get breakfast. At the interview they ask questions about how the car is feeling and about how my week off was. I told them the truth of how miserable I have been without Emily.

-

I sit in the cafeteria, alone. I'm not waiting for anyone, I scolded Pierre when he came over, asking if I was okay. This race weekend is hard for everyone, especially Pierre. I'm the worst friend ever. 

Suddenly Mick sits down on the chair opposite of me. I am to embarrassed of myself to look him in the eyes, so I continue so stare at the table. 

"Hey Charles. Can I talk to you for a minute? It's about Emily" I shoot my eyes up. Fuck! Did something happen to her?  "Charles. Emily, she gets it okay. She knows she's not as pretty, as the models here. Not as skinny, as the girls begging for our attention. Emily knows her hair doesn't shine in the sun, or that her eyes glow. She knows her skin isn't perfect and that she doesn't have the perfect tan. She also doesn't have the cutest laugh or the brightest smile." 

Mick takes a deep breath. "But Charles, Do you know what she is passionate about? No one will ever love you more, no one will ever keep your heart so safe. No person will always make you a priority before herself. But who cares right? That other girl is always in your mind. Believing that MY sister, could ever put you through something like that. No matter what Emily does, it's never enough."

Mick doesn't say anymore, not that he needs to. I understand, everything. "You don't think, the I know I have lost her? Do you maybe stop to think how hard it is for me, knowing how she feels about herself. As much as I have always tried to tell her not to worry, but looks at what's happened. Emily is beautiful, she just doesn't see it herself."

I take a deep breath, holding back my tears. "I know this is it. I'm not getting her back. I'm angry Mick, for letting this get so far. For letting everyone else get into my head. For me hurting her. Do you honestly think after almost a year together. That I for one minute want to be without her. I wanted her to move in with in Monaco after a month. After everything she has done for me, I wanted to give her the world." 

Mick sighs. "Charles. I know both of you love each other unconditionally. Tell me you still love her and will fight for her. Because if you're willing to let almost one year go, because of them, then that's on you."

I get offended. "I love her and I always will. What I said in that interview was all true. These 1 and a half weeks without her have been awful. She is the last person I think about and the first when I wake up. Emily is irreplaceable." I let out a couple tears. "I haven't sleep right, since the day she left."

Mick ckulckes. "I can see that. What you said was cute. You should feel lucky to have her. She coming to this weekend with me. She couldn't stand the thought of how you and Pierre are going to feel a this race. So if you need her, text her. She will be right there. Just don't text because you're desperate. but because you need HER. She tired of all of this back and forth, so decide with yourself on what you want to do, and tell her by the end of this weekend."

I nod, going to my hospitality. That talk gave me a lot to think about. 

-

I have to go to yet another interview.