2

Becky's POV 

We had a wonderful night recalling funny memories and discussing how we support each other through difficult times. It made me realize how much Sam means to me and how afraid I am of losing her.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and saw that it was already 8:00 in the morning. I quickly got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up and brush my teeth. Once I was done, I went downstairs and saw Sam preparing food. I couldn't resist smiling when I looked at her.

I went to her and said, "Good morning." She looked at me and gave me a sweet smile. This woman is really beautiful, how does she do that?

I'm surprised when she took a sunflower out of her back pocket. 

"This is for you," she said. 

I accepted it and asked jokingly, 

"Why a sunflower instead of a rose?" 

"Sunflowers are yellow, a happy color. And I see happiness in you. Hahaha." She replied. 

"Why did you even bother preparing our breakfast? I'm already full,  I already have butterflies in my stomach," I said. You think you're the only one who knows how to throw shade, huh?

"Thank you for this, Sam. This is the first flower I've ever received," I added. I could see disappointment on her face. 

"I'm sorry. I should have given you a big bouquet, so it would be more memorable for you," she said.

"It's not important to me, what matters is that you made an effort for this. You even stole it from your neighbor," I said while looking at the sunflowers planted in the nearby private resort. Hahaha, this girl. 

She touched her head and smiled. "Let's eat, I prepared food for us," she said. I knew she changed the topic so she wouldn't feel embarrassed, but okay, I won't tease her anymore.

We sat down and just enjoyed our meal. Sam's cooking is really delicious, but I think I'll hold off on giving her a compliment, or else she might just feed me with too much love, kidding! The weather was also good, not too hot and there was no sign of rain. I hope it stays like this, so we can enjoy the moment even during midday.

In the middle of our meal, someone suddenly spoke behind me. 

"You're here?" 

I quickly turned around to see who it was, but it turned out to be two unfamiliar girls. 

"You're here too? Let's have breakfast together," Sam said.

The two women sat in front of us.

"Oh, Becky, this is my first cousin Freen. And this is Yssa, her girlfriend. And of course, Freen and Yssa, this is Becky"

I smiled at them and shook their hands. Yssa seemed friendly, while Freen appeared more relaxed and didn't say anything.

"Nice meeting you, two." I said. 

"Your name is familiar, right Sam?" Yssa said while smiling. 

"Oh, shut up, Yssa. Hahahaha Oh wait, let me get the orange juice." Sam said.

After a while Yssa spoke and said, "Pleasure to meet you Becky. Sam always tells us stories about you." Yssa said before putting some bacons on her mouth.

I just smiled, unsure of what to say. I feel so shy, haha. After a while, Sam came back, which was a relief because I was starting to feel awkward.

"How's your company, Freen?" Sam asked. 

"It's not doing well, but it's okay," Freen replied. 

I was surprised to know that Freen is already a CEO, which is something I've always dreamed of. But I guess people have different aspirations in life. Well, because Freen is not really that grateful. 

"Isn't your one-year contract almost up? Maybe uncle will take it back from you soon. You'll be happier," Sam said. 

"Ya, hope so." Freen replied. 

We ate in silence and enjoyed the cool breeze afterwards. After our meal, Freen and Yssa went back to their private resort. 

"That's why you weren't afraid to steal sunflower, because that place belongs to your cousin huh?" I teased.

The two of us were lying down on the deck chair, and since it wasn't too hot, it was relaxing laying in here. I'm sure this place is expensive, it's really beautiful with its white sand, and you can see the sunrise, sunset, and the moon clearly.

"That sunflower doesn't belong to Freen, I was the one who planted it," she said. 

"Then why didn't you plant it here in your place?" I asked. 

"I planted that back in high school, long before I even had this resort, unlike Freen, who has been living here since she was in high school." she replied.

"Why did you plant sunflowers? Is that your favorite flower?" I asked.

She looked at me deeply and smiled,
"Do you want me to be honest? Well, promise not to laugh." he asked. 

I nodded. "Promise" I said.

"I've wanted to give you flowers for a long time, but I wanted the flowers to be special and have a hidden story. So instead of buying them at the mall, I decided to plant them. Once they grew, I planned to give them to you. Until the sunflowers multiplied, I still couldn't bring myself to give it to you. I was too shy, haha." She paused. She looked at me, giving me her sweet smile. 

"But thankfully, even without a special occasion or a special day, I was finally able to give you that sunflower." She added. 

"You don't know how you made this day special, Sam." I said. 

"I will never get tired of thanking you for everything, Sam. You always make me happy, give me smiles, treat me right, and take care of me. I can see in your eyes how afraid you are of hurting me or letting problems wrap around me. I don't even know what I did right to meet someone like you." I said. 

"I am showing you how you should be treated, so that in your next relationship, you will know what should and should not be done to you. This way, you will also know your worth and not be easily manipulated. Because if someone hurts you, he's so dead. I just hope he never shows up in front of me. Hahaha," she said.

Sam's phone caught my attention when it vibrated.

"They'll be here in 10 minutes, I'll prepare their breakfast first because they haven't eaten yet. Stay here for a while, I'll take care of it." Sam said and quickly left.

Sam is really different. She's not the type of person who's only good at first. She has consistency in the way she cares for me, even though she knows that it's impossible for us to be together. I am so blessed to have her in my life.